Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Thats your call Jamus.
We can leave your company as is. Most missions will feature one of the Lances anyway.
But if you just want to focus on one of your Lances thats fine with me.

Jason will roll a Lance as will MetalDog. The plan has been changed slightly as I dont forsee it good for the game to play with a human opfor at this time. Too much coordination needed, so we are switching to an ‘Against the bot’ setting.
It has the added benefit of everyone being able to play their missions in their own time.

Computer Wargaming / AI War 2
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 12:38:41 PM »
This is now available for early access on steam. The first game never clicked with for me, but I know it has its cadre of supporters and dedicated fans. Anyone pick this up?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/573410/AI_War_2/
Hey Ysk, am I rolling with a company or a lance?

Also, do you have the updated file to send back to me to update my records? I saw that you rolled me some nice cash.
Computer Wargaming / Re: War of Rights
« Last post by Skoop on Today at 12:33:17 PM »
How do you like it ?  Was thinking of jumping in at this point too, but it looks like the steam keys are sold out.
General Staff Support Forum / Re: Changelog - picture heavy
« Last post by Andy ONeill on Today at 12:14:21 PM »
SandBox

Enfilade multiplier calculation.
Enfilade is sometimes called flanking fire.
When a unit shoots at an angle acute to an advancing line of enemy then each bullet has more soldiers it can potentially hit. That makes such fire particularly effective.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enfilade_and_defilade

This is one of the reasons commanders would try and advance their battalion straight on towards an enemy unit and avoid crossing the face of any other.
The multiplier varies between x3 when the target is directly in line with shooting and x1 (none) when it's at 60 or more degrees.

Here red is shooting at blue.
The unit blue represents is facing directly down and the point of measure is centre to centre.
There is only 1 degree offset of the blue unit's line considered to be where the men would be and hence this is almost an ideal angle for red.

Computer Wargaming / Re: The Operational Art of War IV coming to Steam
« Last post by RommelFox on Today at 12:01:34 PM »
Trying hard NOT to go check it out--- for fear I'll cave immediately.  :hide:

I've been interested in this game for awhile, and I have some steam credit to put towards it.  I'm not even going to go to the steam store page, because I'll instantly cave.

Going to wait for that hopefully sweet holiday sale. 

"Well, here's the thing about learning... ..... ....it's for nerds, and I hate doing it."
Computer Wargaming / Re: Star Citizen
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 10:58:10 AM »
Bacon.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Matrix World in Flames
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 10:55:25 AM »
Flamin’ Games.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Bomber Crew
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 10:39:14 AM »
B-17 is long overdue...but still no formations? ugh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10