Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

The server now has a 12 game hour safe zone for players level 12 and less.  That should help if you spawn at night.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Swatter

Let me know when you guys will be on tonight

JasonPratt

May pick this up soon! -- finally got a headphone/mic setup.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

died of thirst, couldn't find any water or puddles :) really cant go into any main settlements unless you have better weapons. You can take down 1 or 2 maybe even three with a bow but more are coming.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: -budd- on December 13, 2015, 06:21:12 PM
died of thirst, couldn't find any water or puddles :) really cant go into any main settlements unless you have better weapons. You can take down 1 or 2 maybe even three with a bow but more are coming.

Water has been harder for me to find as well.  I spawned in desert.  Cactus does not yield the bounty of yucca fruit it once did....and the yucca does not completely help with the thirst.  The water towers are also harder to break into now.  I eventually found a small pond, but drinking it gave me the runs...oh well...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

-budd-

How did u drink from the pond? I tried and couldn't get it to work. Bare hands, right mouse? I did fill up some jars.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rekim

I survived three nights on the server, hiding in a gas station at night, raiding a hardware store by day. Made it back from a water run late on the third day only to drop dead - from overheating I think. More painful lessons to come no doubt.

AchillesLastStand

Just tried to join the "Unofficial Grog Invitational" server and apparently it hasn't been patched since there was a patch in the last hour or 2. We are up to 13.1 now.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: -budd- on December 13, 2015, 10:30:18 PM
How did u drink from the pond? I tried and couldn't get it to work. Bare hands, right mouse? I did fill up some jars.

Actually with jars.   I just started filling empty cans, and these I can put in the camp fire for boiled water.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

ArizonaTank

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on December 14, 2015, 01:25:09 AM
Just tried to join the "Unofficial Grog Invitational" server and apparently it hasn't been patched since there was a patch in the last hour or 2. We are up to 13.1 now.

Damn....  The hosting provider doesn't do this automatically.  Guess it makes sense since the server has to be stopped and folks could be on it.

Anyway, a semi manual process.  But update is now complete.  I just tested it, working fine now.

Welcome to the wonders of Alpha software....
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Bison

I'll try and join this weekend. 

They need to work or random generate worlds.   The terrain is...horrible.  Deep pits and Ravines that are impossible to get out of and generally just look bad.

I'm playing on high graphs and the game looks amazing however.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Bison on December 14, 2015, 09:12:14 AM
They need to work or random generate worlds.   The terrain is...horrible.  Deep pits and Ravines that are impossible to get out of and generally just look bad.

There is a "smoothworld" command. I am a little reluctant to use it however.  But will do some more research.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

PanzersEast

Swatter

Bison

Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 14, 2015, 02:09:34 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 14, 2015, 09:12:14 AM

There is a "smoothworld" command. I am a little reluctant to use it however.  But will do some more research.

I'll have to look it up too.