Main Menu

Welcome to GameTalk!

Started by bayonetbrant, September 14, 2014, 09:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Starting on 15 September, we've got a new weekly column about game design.  Sound off here and get the conversation going :)

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

For computer game design

1st question-
For those of you who use a game design 'engine', rather than coding everything from scratch, what do you use? Unity? Unreal? RPGMaker? and why?

2nd question-
Any recomendations as to sources for both 2d and 3d art and models that are ready for use in most game engines and either free or extremely low priced for someone on a nanobudget? I'm thinking mostly military vehicles old and modern, as well as buildings and terrain features.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

PopeFrancis

Hello Everybody:
I'm Larry Fulkerson from the Matrix forum and there's a group of us that are tired of the vaporware coming from the TOAW project and we want to see if it's possible for us to write our own TOAW replacement using an open source project.  We would love for you guys to join in and help out.  The working title of the project is "The Art of Conflict" and we're just now starting to get off the ground. 
there's two things that everyone needs to know:
(1) 90% of the human race lives near the coast.
(2)  human beings can't breathe under water.

DD696

Hi Larry. I'm here. Still DD696 as I wouldn't want to lose myself between forums.

Get her started.
First to Fight:  United States Marine
We don't take kindly to Idjits

cathar1244