STRATEGIC COMMAND WW2: WORLD AT WAR released today

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 06, 2018, 05:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Quote from: Bill Runacre on December 14, 2018, 09:33:40 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on December 11, 2018, 04:16:50 PM
I like the game and have put in about 4 hours of time into it.  It might not be fair for me to completely judge SC WAW but I am enjoying it thus far.  Fighting over the globe in this not too complicated game is just the right medicine for those evenings when your brain has been burnt out at work and you need something light to retire with.

That's great to hear!  :)

Quote from: W8taminute on December 11, 2018, 04:16:50 PMThe AI always seems to be able to man every square inch of territory with strong troops whilst I struggle to cover thousands of miles of frontage with just a couple of corps/armies backed up by divisional sized garrison units.  Either I am missing the developers intention with the gameplay or this might end up being not my cup of tea after all.

If there are any particular areas where you think there might be an issue don't hesitate to let us know, along with the side you're playing, campaign and difficulty level so we can check things our side.

Thanks for those links.  I've been watching a little bit of THG's videos on the game as well.  I've still got a lot to learn but I've decided I like this game better than SC: War in Europe and SC: WW1.

For my current game I chose normal difficulty and I'm playing as the Axis commanding Germany, Italy, and Japan.  China is giving me a great headache but I'm slowly stabilizing that front at the expense of having ground forces for the rest of the Pacific campaign.  It's July 1940 so I do have time before general war breaks out with the Western Allies. 

Italy has not gone to war yet and I noticed that I've been doing better building them up in this game compared to my experience in SC: WIE. 

Germany hasn't finished the France campaign yet but I haven't really focused hard enough.  The naval war against the UK has been taking my time and it's actually engaging.  I need to slow down and devote some more time to the ground war.  Never thought I'd say that playing as Germany!

I'll keep posting my thoughts as I play more of this game. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Steelgrave

-budd-

The developer released an experimental mod with 7 day turns, and halved MPP collection to try out for those that didn't like the 14 day turns.  http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4568772
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

xwormwood

The german gaming website Gamersglobal.de released today a video review for SC WAW, and they gave the game a 9.0 out of 10.
Quote: "global strategy at its finest"
Not sure, how good your german-fu might be, but if you understand the language, you can find the review here https://www.gamersglobal.de/test/strategic-command-ww2-world-at-war