20 Movies Turning 20 This Year

Started by OJsDad, January 23, 2018, 12:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

that's one hell of a lineup...  there's at least a half-dozen awesome flicks in that list
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

At my age, I don't consider anything 20 years old to be really more than in the category of, "Just haven't gotten around to it yet".
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

Ronin was good. Give it a watch if you have not already.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Pleasantville was not as good as I expected it to be. BASEketball and Half Baked are two great movies. Lots of other good stuff in there, though I never saw Wild Things.

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 23, 2018, 07:35:39 PM

Great movie. Best car chase sequence since Bullitt.  :bd:

Staggerwing

Quote from: Barthheart on January 23, 2018, 08:50:40 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on January 23, 2018, 07:35:39 PM

Great movie. Best car chase sequence since Bullitt.  :bd:

There is that. Also, what color is the boathouse at Hereford?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys