Gonna buy my first game in months.......

Started by FlickJax, December 27, 2017, 08:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Con

Quote from: sandman2575 on December 27, 2017, 12:27:12 PM
I wish I had a definitive answer for you, Ysk. The short but not very helpful answer is: sheer determination.

All I can say is that, in the end, the effort pays off. WitW is fantastic, as is WitE but the advanced air war in WitW makes WitE feel a little lacking by comparison.
I have to admit I have both WitE and WitW and I have picked up and put down WitW several times in the last 2 years.  I am an avid fan of WitE and have climbed the learning curve and enjoy the game but somehow once I start the arduous process with WitW I just seem to lose interest.  I suspect that its such a forgone conclusion that the Allies will eventually win due to Russia taking over Berlin that makes me feel like it is a Sisyphean task (I know its historical but indulge me I want the impossible to have a chance).

So I picked up WH2 and have been having a blast smashing rat men with dwarves.  The fact that it is all so made up is a point in its favour for me

Con

FlickJax

Couldn't make my mind up on the other 2 so went left field :)

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Con on January 04, 2018, 02:11:20 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on December 27, 2017, 12:27:12 PM
I wish I had a definitive answer for you, Ysk. The short but not very helpful answer is: sheer determination.

All I can say is that, in the end, the effort pays off. WitW is fantastic, as is WitE but the advanced air war in WitW makes WitE feel a little lacking by comparison.
I have to admit I have both WitE and WitW and I have picked up and put down WitW several times in the last 2 years.  I am an avid fan of WitE and have climbed the learning curve and enjoy the game but somehow once I start the arduous process with WitW I just seem to lose interest.  I suspect that its such a forgone conclusion that the Allies will eventually win due to Russia taking over Berlin that makes me feel like it is a Sisyphean task (I know its historical but indulge me I want the impossible to have a chance).

So I picked up WH2 and have been having a blast smashing rat men with dwarves.  The fact that it is all so made up is a point in its favour for me

Con
Can't that be said for WitE? Aren't the Russians actually going to win? Is there a chance that the Germans win in WitE?
Alba gu' brath

Oche

This thread inspires and reminds me to eventually whenever i'm ready to open up a new one or join one that goes in the lines of "Gonna buy my first game in years......"  ;D

mirth

I need to start a "Gonna buy my first game in days..." thread.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

FlickJax

Sir Slash

I'm need to start a "Gonna buy my first game in days..." thread.

You can't buy anything until the thaw begins.  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.