oh oh...I just can't stop myself

Started by JudgeDredd, October 10, 2017, 12:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

It really doesn't look bad from the pics.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

GDS_Starfury

youre holding the airbrush way to close and the paint isnt thinned enough. 
also, to maintain the finish between coats rub the model down with a jersey cloth rag.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 23, 2018, 12:25:42 AM
youre holding the airbrush way to close and the paint isnt thinned enough. 
also, to maintain the finish between coats rub the model down with a jersey cloth rag.
O0

I was having a mare. I had to push the pressure way up so paint would come up - once it's in the cup you're kind of screwed - you can add thinner, but it's already down into the gun. Then I would hold the gun close to try and get the camo lines...but that was turning out terrible because I was holding it so close and blowing paint out at 40psi  :DD

I love making these things - but I stress so much when it comes to painting. I never ever felt that way when I was hand painting. Thing is, the final result of airbrush is (when done right) a considerably better finish so I don't really want to sack it...but my old Humbrol enamel paints are calling me
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

I've just found out the thinner I'm using (UMP Thinner) is meant to be 50/50 mix with Tamiya paint  :pullhair:
Alba gu' brath

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: DoctorQuest on April 23, 2018, 08:09:39 AM
I assume that's bad?
Only in the sense that I wasn't mixing it anywhere near that. At most, I was mixing it about 20%
Alba gu' brath

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

GDS_Starfury

you know theres nothing stopping you from a second coat of paint.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 23, 2018, 08:21:27 PM
you know theres nothing stopping you from a second coat of paint.
Honestly I find it so stressful to paint now I think I'd give myself a heart attack. If it turned out as bad, I'd be proper gutted. I'm still holding out on the other klear coats, decals and weathering to make it good
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

So Klear and decals decals

Just the wheels and weathering to do and I can put this one on the shelf.

Well - actually, I think I want to paint the rear engine nozzles.

A few things that are wrong and can't be fixed

• The designation decal on the back right broke
  • I forgot to paint the "dash" in the cockpit...which you can see as being grey
  • A couple of pitot tubes are missing - one broke when cutting it off the sprue (yep - the mould was pretty poor) and one was eaten by the carpet monster
  • The aforementioned paint issues which, on the face of it, I don't think are a big problem...she looks ok
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

JudgeDredd

Thanks  O0

I am quite pleased with it considering the nightmare I had painting it. I've got to be honest, though...the Vulcan is so beautiful, it's hard to make it look bad.  :buck2:
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 26, 2018, 05:31:01 AM
....the Vulcan is so beautiful, it's hard to make it look bad.  :buck2:

This is so true!  :dreamer: