Aliens: Colonial Marines

Started by Jarhead0331, January 27, 2012, 09:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyebiter

Huw the Poo

Quote from: eyebiter on February 10, 2013, 11:29:42 AM
If you need a fix before Colonial Marines arrives, there is an Aliens mod for Killing Floor.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/07/killing-floor-aliens-mod-lets-your-friends-hear-you-scream/

Screw that!  Play the C64 version of Aliens in an emulator!

Gusington

You lot sound like a couple of old men telling me which way to get the most hp out of my Model T :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Have you bought I-War 2 yet?  :P

Gusington

Yes!*

*No.

But I have a good reason if you would like to hear it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Good trailer, bad spelling. They should have got Brant to spell check.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Going to do my best to resist not pre ordering for the $30....

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Gusington on February 10, 2013, 05:20:22 PM
Yes!*

*No.

But I have a good reason if you would like to hear it.

I will hear it if it's a damn good reason!

Gusington

If Aliens: Colonial Marines turns out to be a stinker, then I am going to immerse myself in Japanese history through a stash of books I have and Shogun 2.

If Aliens: Colonial Marines turns out to be stellar, then I will tear through the sci fi books I have...some of which are centered on ship to ship and fleet to fleet combat. At which point I will get I-War 2.

I didn't ask to be an OCD gamer it just happened. I can play different games within similar genres, but I can't switch between say Aliens: Colonial Marines, Chivalry and Mark of the Ninja. My brain begins to swell. Every book and every game has its place.

I wish I could tear through everything I have all willy-nilly but I have never gamed that way.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

spelk

Seems ok to me (on the 360), so far - about three chapters in. It has Aliens in it, and fast shooting guns. That's about it. It's atmospheric to a point, but doesn't feel as "shit-your-pants" as the previous Aliens Vs Predator game did.

I'm a little sceptical about them using marines vs mercs as well as aliens. As a 'mano a mano' game it doesn't come across as anything other than pedestrian.

Haven't done any online with it, but in the single player (or co-op) you can unlock weapon features and spend points - but it feels very limited really.

Shooting Aliens isn't bad. But overall I'd say if you're not an acid-dripping Aliens fan, you might not want to stump up full whack for this one.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: spelk on February 11, 2013, 03:56:06 PM
I'm a little sceptical about them using marines vs mercs as well as aliens.

They didn't, did they?  Oh god WHY.

Jarhead0331

A discouraging, albeit funny as hell review...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Staggerwing

After that video I don't have much interest in getting the game.

I do, however, feel the urge to watch the first two Alien(s) movies again.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

^I can't believe someone had all the time required to put that together. It did serve a purpose...I won't be paying full price for it. That and spelks comments above sealed it for me.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd