Aliens: Colonial Marines

Started by Jarhead0331, January 27, 2012, 09:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: BanzaiCat on July 18, 2018, 10:13:27 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 17, 2018, 01:20:05 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 17, 2018, 01:15:57 PM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on July 16, 2018, 03:57:22 PM
I played it for maybe 30 minutes total this weekend - I can't tell a difference in the AI, and no added files were placed in the specified folder. I thought I had read that the mod would fix this issue. I've actually died a few times. If it didn't have a damned checkpoint system it might be less frustrating. Maybe it IS working better, now.

Where did you fin the correct file and path? I'm having the same issue. Can't find the file with the referenced code?

Nevermind...found it. It was in my onedrive...strange.

What's the path/folder, JH? I want to double check to see if the mod changed it or not.

I'm not in front of my system now, but for me, I believe it was: users\(my user name)\My Document\My Games\Aliens Colonial Marines\PecanGame\Config\PecanEngine.ini

Note: It is not in the game files located within the steamapps folder.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

BanzaiCat

Thanks, JH. I'd been looking in the x86 Program Files folder, not the Users folder.

The "Teather" typo is indeed in that file. I made the change (had to right click > Properties > remove the Read Only status to do so) and fixed it. Saved the file and re-applied the Read Only status (not sure if that makes a difference in how the program interacts with that file or not).

Won't have time to play it until later, but it'll be interesting to see how it differs, especially after having just tried it a few days ago and not noticing any change.

Jarhead0331

Its been so long since I've played it, I'm not sure it will be so obvious whether there is an improvement. I enjoyed the game for what it was worth when it came out. I reloaded it when the graphics overhaul mod was released by the same guy who discovered this simple error. It seemed like a drastic improvement and definitely worth trying too to those who haven't given it a whirl.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18