Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

The map is gorgeous. Sets a new bar...some people will always find something to be mad about.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Hey

Anyone here getting a stuttering now in DCS? Specifically I was using the F/A-18 and the Persian Gulf map. I was flying around absolutely fine when I last flew this (maybe a month ago?) and now I was taking off and every other second it was giving a stutter.

I'm sure I've had this before...I'm off looking  :D

EDIT
Seems the updater hadn't finished. I tried a repair and it failed so I ran the updater again and it seemed to confirm completion. I've now ran a repair which completed. I'll try out the game tomorrow night...I'm too tired.
Alba gu' brath

MengJiao

Destraex

Didn't anybody notice the soft announcement that a mosquito may be in the works for dcs?
https://79vraf.wordpress.com/2018/08/02/de-havilland-mosquito-for-dcs-world/
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

No...but I heard the community developed A4E is being released in October!

Hello everyone, today it is my pleasure to make a very special announcement. Before I begin, I'd like to say a few words about this project.

Two and a half years ago, I was browsing reddit and came across a concept image for a community made aircraft. I dm'd the author, one thing led to another, and before I knew it we had a discord filled with eager individuals ready for a challenge. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought we'd reach this moment in time. I would like to thank all of you in this community for your incredible support; it's really kept us going through the challenging obstacles we've gone through to get here. Additionally, I'd like to thank our team members, past and present, for carrying this project through. The countless weekends spent fixing what seem to be the simplest things really do add up. But in the end, we hope it's for something we can all enjoy.

With that, it is my immense pleasure to announce that the Community A-4 will available for download this October. A more precise release date and download location will come soon, however I am now 100% confident that we can reach at least the end of October, if not earlier in that month. Please expect there to be at least a few bugs upon release, but that we will continue to support this aircraft past that date.

In the coming months, I'll be compiling videos on the implementation of weapons systems, flight systems and more. Here are some of the biggest features you can expect from our aircraft.

Community A-4 Features
- Functional Air to Ground Radar
- Shrike Anti-Radiation Missile
- Carrier landing and faux Carrier Takeoff
- Simple Autopilot

Features NOT Included in the Community A-4
- Operational Radio
- Air to Air Refueling (Dependent on Radio)
- Buddy Air to Air Refueling
- Non-boresight AIM-9 Launch
- F/A-18 Fidelity Carrier Takeoff
- Nuclear Weapons Deployment

Because this month we have been on vacations and dealt with other non-DCS distractions, we don't have anything substantive to showcase this month. However, we are on course for a successful release in October, with the final pieces of the puzzle coming together in the remaining months. As requested, I've compiled a small list of what remains to be completed.

Unwraps:
- Pilot
- Pylon Hooks

Modelling:
- Small gaps in the cockpit frame
- Pylon on/off for aerobatic liveries (if possible)
- Cockpit panel backlighting

Additionally, I hope to create videos on the following subjects before release:
- Startup
- A/G Radar Operation
- A/A Weapons
- A/G Weapons

I look forward to sharing these videos with you in the coming months, as well as the light at the end of the tunnel which can now be seen. This day has been a long time coming, and I truly how that this mod will be something you can all enjoy. As always, thank you for your support through the past two years!

I would also like to add just how much I enjoy working with our team. We've been through good times and bad, and it has been my humble pleasure to work with them on this project. Its been a journey that I can't quite describe, and far more than anything I ever expected. Thank you so much team!!

:notworthy:

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mbar

Quote from: Destraex on August 03, 2018, 09:34:45 AM
Didn't anybody notice the soft announcement that a mosquito may be in the works for dcs?
https://79vraf.wordpress.com/2018/08/02/de-havilland-mosquito-for-dcs-world/

NOICE! Mosquito is a beast!

Nefaro

Been playing with the idea of getting a fancy new stick with adjustable cam/spring tension while continuing to use my CH throttle. 

I loved using my CH Fighterstick for flying WW1 birds which didn't have trim controls.  I found that the Fighterstick's extremely light resistance was good at reducing hand fatigue when having to constantly hold the stick forward in those no-trim flight sims.  However, I've found it more difficult to gauge how far I'm pushing on it in DCS World while head turning and my eyes are outside the cockpit.  Not quite enough tension feedback, yet I don't want to get something that's too far the other direction.

Hence.. I'm splurging on the Virpil Mongoose T-50 stick  :dreamer: which someone posted about on these forums in the past couple years (Jarhead?).  It wasn't much more expensive than the individual Warthog stick I had been considering, and so many more functions available on it, so what the hell...  I'm going for the Russkie Su-27 layout.  Or, at least, attempting to if they're in stock.

:coolsmiley:

https://virpil.com/en/shop/grips/vpc-mongoost-50-be-grip-vpc

Yskonyn

That's a solid stick, congrats!
:bd:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on August 18, 2018, 02:20:01 AM
That's a solid stick, congrats!
:bd:

Unfortunately it seems as if the whole joystick (stick & base) is out of stock whenever I look.   :buck2:

Plus I just screwed up and ordered a stick (aka "grip") instead of the full stick and base, in a miasma of confusion, since those were listed on the first store page I was sent to.  Had to send a cancellation request.  :uglystupid2:  :hide:

If they don't have whole ones in stock, it appears the Warthog stick may be my only option for awhile.

Jarhead0331

Great sticks, but the thing that always holds me back from them is the supply issue (that you've just experienced) and the wait or delay in receiving the product from overseas.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 18, 2018, 09:22:21 AM
Great sticks, but the thing that always holds me back from them is the supply issue (that you've just experienced) and the wait or delay in receiving the product from overseas.

The couple times I've inched off the fence, they've been out of stock.   :-\

I could bear the 14-28 day wait for shipping.  Simply due to my digital gaming & flight sims only happening in spurts. 

I'll keep it on a future wishlist.  You can supposedly just buy a grip (no base) and plug it onto a Warthog stick's base (it has a matching connector) but you'd still need to get the desk mounts because it's so tall.  Plus another adapter for the 'hog base.  I'd rather just have the whole matching thing. 

Anyway, a Warthog stick will have to serve.  From what I gather, it definitely has more stick tension.  I just hope it's not so much that it gives me carpal tunnel from prolonged use.

Jarhead0331

You could do worse than warthog. LoL. It's pretty much the top of the food chain.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 20, 2018, 05:58:32 AM
You could do worse than warthog. LoL. It's pretty much the top of the food chain.

Got it in today.

This heavy thing could easily double as a medieval bludgeoning weapon.  <:-)

My only concern remains how increasingly resistant it is, the further you push it away from center.  I hope it loosens up a bit after use as I'm a bit worried it will be a bit too jerky when trying to finesse small movements out of it while pulling back pretty far.  How the hell am I supposed to AoA stall my MiG-21 without putting some rotational flare into my following belly flopping death to make it look like I had actually planned it that way?

Jarhead0331

Nice! Can't the tension be adjusted? The higher end systems usually permit that. I know the x55 does...it even comes with several springs.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 21, 2018, 05:07:05 AM
Nice! Can't the tension be adjusted? The higher end systems usually permit that. I know the x55 does...it even comes with several springs.

If it does, then it wasn't mentioned in the included manual.  No extra internal springs/levers came with it.  I'll do a little research just in case.

It's pretty impressive on it's own, so I can't complain.