Cyborg R.A.T 5 Gaming Mouse

Started by Bison, May 26, 2012, 10:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Gah!  Is all I can say.  I felt like I wanted to upgrade my gaming mouse from my Razor Abyssus, which is a 3 button mouse.  Well I took a risk and got the Cyborg RAT 5 http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat5.htm and I completely hate the dang thing.  I wanted a 5 button mouse for the re-key option (I really just wanted to move the hold still key from "shift" to on the mouse for Diablo 3).  There are about 4 things I really dislike about the mouse.  The thumb buttons are so awkwardly placed.  Its hard to explain but only 1 of 2 buttons is comfortable to use.  The thumb buttons are metal and have a sharp edge feel, which is compounded by the pressure it takes to hold it in.  If I adjust the palm rest then the scroll wheel is at the tip of my fingers.  The overall design look is annoying. The profile is slightly higher than the Abyssus and the palm rest sits higher with and edge than the finger buttons. /sigh/  I just really hate it and its going back to the store tomorrow. 

This mouse gets 2 horns down from me.  Horrible mouse.

LongBlade

Sorry to hear that.

Love the two horns reference, though.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

I'll most likely wait until I can get to a Best Buy next month.  I like Razor gaming mice, but I need to feel it to know it's the right mouse.  I'm very particular about the mouse I use.  I'm a palm/slight claw mouse hand gamer.  So it's a pain in the behind to that just right mouse.

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on May 27, 2012, 10:55:21 PM
I'll most likely wait until I can get to a Best Buy next month.  I like Razor gaming mice, but I need to feel it to know it's the right mouse.  I'm very particular about the mouse I use.  I'm a palm/slight claw mouse hand gamer.  So it's a pain in the behind to that just right mouse.

Of the Razer mice I've used, most are best for claw grip. The Naga Epic has three plug ins which allow you to vary from  narrow to wide, and I use a palm grip - the wide is fine with me.

However, at least in my Best Buy, they didn't have a demo for the Naga. You may have to ask them to let you try it out.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

LongBlade