2015 Grogheads Fantasy Football Leagues

Started by Bison, July 24, 2015, 08:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

OK Gents it's that time of year again.  The Groghead Fantasy Football leagues are now open and the invites were sent out to the managers of last years teams.

Rookie League - Auto Draft. 

If you do not want to play this year just ignore the invite, but a message here would be nice so either Metaldog or myself can delete your team and a new manager can join take your place.

Pro League - Keeper League and Live Draft tentatively looking at an August 30th  or September 6th draft date.

Same as above if you don't want to play just say so here and we will open your team to the first available manager.  Right now we are at 8 teams and can expand to 12 if we have Grogheads interested in joining the league, but we need to expand by even numbers.

I'll give managers from last year a couple of weeks to decide if they want to play.  If a team in the Rookie league is not renewed, MD or I will delete the team and post the join URL here for anyone to join the league.  The Pro League will get a little more time to decide and then MD and I will open up the league to new managers or an expansion of teams.

I don't remember all of the details from last year but I believe we kept 2 players and the moved up one draft slot from the previous year.  So a player drafted in the 4th round would take your 3rd round selection this year.  No 2 players can be selected in the same round unless some sort of crazy trade is involved.

Good luck and Go....

Sticky Please.

Arctic Blast

Sweet! Both leagues re-entered.

I can't remember how to look up the previous year's draft so I can figure out who would cost me what picks to keep.

BanzaiCat

I suck at this and usually give up mid-season because my team is terrible.

...okay, my team is usually terrible because I totally forget to set my line-ups. I hardly ever watch football anymore. :(

Bison

Hover over the draft tab at the top of the screen and it'll give you a drop down menu.  At the very bottom is last years draft which shows you the drafts for all players and teams.

Bison

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 24, 2015, 08:52:14 PM
I suck at this and usually give up mid-season because my team is terrible.

...okay, my team is usually terrible because I totally forget to set my line-ups. I hardly ever watch football anymore. :(

So does this mean you are in and are going to manage a shitty team or your out and give up on your shit team and the fun?  :D

BanzaiCat

I can only join with my shitty Pro League team and not in the Rookie League, apparently. I only received an invite for the Pro League. Not that it matters, I'll just keep it at this unless you need warm bodies in the other one.

Bison

Well let me look at the Rookie league.  It might not have sent out invites.

Bison

It said invites went out and 3 managers already joined.  Maybe it got lost in the intrawebs near Albuquerque.

BanzaiCat

It just popped up - thanks.

I hardly ever check that email as it's pretty much a spam-fest.

Bison

Woot!  It's only fitting that fantasy sports messages go to the same email as your penis enhancement emails!

BanzaiCat

RON JEREMY PROMISED ME THOSE THINGS WORK.

Bison

BanzaiCat

If I had an elephant trunk like that, I'd let it guide me to another line of work.

...wait, how the fuck did we get to this from fantasy football?

GROGHEADDSSSS!!!

Steelgrave

I'm in for both and looking forward to another season of narrow losses and my best performers being on the bench when I need them most.  O0

Marty Ward

I'm in. Hopefully my keepers won't be suspended like last year. AP I'm talking to you!!!!!
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!