Skies Above The Reich

Started by Nefaro, January 15, 2016, 06:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisS

I can personally vouch for Night Fighter Ace, from Compass Games. TERRIFIC gameplay, and the developer has been extremely active on Facebook. Very pleased with the game. The individual missions play very fast, and there is a very nice RPG component to levelling up your pilot, with prestige granted for all number of things. This enables you to "purchase" better aircraft, and to better replace your radio operator or rear gunner if they get their heads shot off.

stolypin

Quote from: DennisS on October 02, 2018, 04:14:23 PM
I can personally vouch for Night Fighter Ace, from Compass Games. TERRIFIC gameplay, and the developer has been extremely active on Facebook. Very pleased with the game. The individual missions play very fast, and there is a very nice RPG component to levelling up your pilot, with prestige granted for all number of things. This enables you to "purchase" better aircraft, and to better replace your radio operator or rear gunner if they get their heads shot off.

I bought Night Fighter Ace and Skies Above the Reich at about the same time and opted to play NFA first.  I've enjoyed it so much that I haven't gotten to SAtR yet. 

DennisS

Quote from: stolypin on October 03, 2018, 08:15:25 AM
Quote from: DennisS on October 02, 2018, 04:14:23 PM

I bought Night Fighter Ace and Skies Above the Reich at about the same time and opted to play NFA first.  I've enjoyed it so much that I haven't gotten to SAtR yet.

I am in my fourth campaign, about 200 sorties total. Averaging about 0.8 kills per sortie.

DennisS

Stop me...SATR is on sale, 40% off, at a local game store here in the St. Louis area. I am fully retired, and on social security..and I promised the missus that I would have a budget.

Problem is, I have 168 hours a week, minus about 56 for sleep, and another 10 for personal needs to game. This gives me around about 100 hours a week for gaming.

I'm using it. Heh heh heh.

Barthheart

Crossroads

Quote from: DennisS on October 30, 2018, 09:30:48 PM
Stop me...SATR is on sale, 40% off, at a local game store here in the St. Louis area. I am fully retired, and on social security..and I promised the missus that I would have a budget.

Quote from: Barthheart on October 31, 2018, 05:46:43 AM
BUY IT!
+1

40% off is a really good price so if you want it go for it! Regarding the bolded part, you can always say it came from next year's budget  :bd:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Geezer

Having a budget and not exceeding it are two entirely different promises!   >:D
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

ComradeP

I can certainly recommend it!

My AAR's a dud for now, but I'll get back to the game soon. I wanted to check out some of the new mechanics, which will feature prominently in the second title of the series, introduced in the post-production document, but my 1942 campaign games went poorly this time around.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Silent Disapproval Robot

Mine arrived this morning.  I spent about an hour misaligning stickers on wooden blocks. 

Staggerwing

Hey, how's Corsair Leader? I recently saw an unboxing video on it. Looked interesting.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

DennisS

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 31, 2018, 06:23:49 PM
Hey, how's Corsair Leader? I recently saw an unboxing video on it. Looked interesting.

Corsair Leader is excellent. As good as Hornet Leader, which is also excellent.

Personal preference for me places Thunderbolt/Apache Leader at the top of the "Leader" board..but Corsair Leader is getting very fine reviews.

Oh...I pulled the trigger on Skies Above the Reich. I will fire that puppy up tomorrow, after I watch all the YouTube videos on it I can find.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 31, 2018, 06:23:49 PM

Not sure.  I just got it yesterday along with SATR.  I really like B-17 Leader so hopefully this one is good too.  Reviews seem very positive so far.  The only real complaints I've seen so far are either concerned with printing errors and typos or claims that the game is too easy. 

ArizonaTank

Problem is, I have 168 hours a week, minus about 56 for sleep, and another 10 for personal needs to game. This gives me around about 100 hours a week for gaming.

Lucky man! I am about 7-10 years away from that myself.

A little off-topic, but one way to stay on your board gaming budget is to get into a game exchange. I can personally recommend "Wargamer Pay it Forward" on Facebook. Basically, somebody puts up a game to give away. Folks interested request "dibs". The owner uses some random means to select the winner from the "dibs". The winner then must put up for give away, a game of equal value. It is all on your honor basis...but it works, and folks are pretty honest.  I also see a bunch of newer stuff come up.

The link is:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/wargamerpayitforward/
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

stolypin

{{{{{{{ RAGING JEALOUSY }}}}}}}}

DennisS

Quote from: stolypin on November 01, 2018, 12:02:16 PM

{{{{{{{ RAGING JEALOUSY }}}}}}}}

I get up in the morning, get the chores done, and confer with the missus where we're going to do lunch. Play from 8 to about 11, back home at 12:30 or so, play til dinner. Play after dinner, if we don't have plans. Easy 12 hours a day. I have about a hundred board games, 270+ steam games, and perhaps thirty non-steam games.

My biggest problem is figuring out what to play. Currently, it's Bowl Bound, Skies Above the Reich, New Star Manager (soccer game), and World of Warcraft.