10 Bands I've Seen Live...

Started by bayonetbrant, April 26, 2017, 10:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

There's a full little game running around Facebook right now about "10 bands I've seen live"
The catch is that you're supposed to include one you didn't see, and everyone else has to try to figure it out.

I was just quickly brainstorming my original list just built around "bands people probably have at least heard of" which would rule out a lot of local Raleigh bands like Capsize 7 or Loose Cannon or Dead Cut Tree, and just focus on ones that at least had a national record release.  I stopped adding bands to the list at about 80.

So here goes a truncated list, including at least 1 I didn't see live.  See if you can guess which one  \m/
1. Follow For Now
2. Night Ranger
3. Cry of Love
4. Rage Against The Machine
5. Seven Nations
6. Neil Diamond
7. Lee Greenwood
8. Faith No More
9. Bowling for Soup
10. Saving Jane
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

My guess is you did not see Bowling For Soup.  Don't have time to add my own 10.  I'll do it tomorrow.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

-budd-

You did not see Night Ranger...heresy
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

jamus34

Ok I'm game

1. Van Halen
2. Creed
3. Jethro Tull
4. Flogging Molly
5. Our lady peace
6. Hot tuna
7. Rush
8. Erik Steckle
9. Curtis Salgado
10. The Pasadena band
Insert witty comment here.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on April 26, 2017, 11:39:36 PMMy guess is you did not see Bowling For Soup.  Don't have time to add my own 10.  I'll do it tomorrow.
They played the MLS All-Star Game in 2005 in Columbus, both pre-game and halftime.

Quote from: -budd- on April 27, 2017, 12:19:44 AMYou did not see Night Ranger...heresy
Summer '84 at a festival in Munich, with Huey Lewis, Saga, Rick Springfield, and some European bands.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

jamus34

bayonetbrant

Quote from: jamus34 on April 27, 2017, 05:42:04 AMNeil diamond

Thanksgiving weekend '93, in Dayton, OH.  Mom wanted to go, so dad got us all tickets :)

-budd-

How the hell do you remember all the dates/years, I have to look at my stubs.

I'm gonna guess Lee Greenwood.

Jamus34
I'm gonna say Jethro Tull, you don't seem like a flute guy :)
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: -budd- on April 27, 2017, 06:02:44 AMHow the hell do you remember all the dates/years, I have to look at my stubs.
perils of growing up an Army brat - I can tie a lot of events to dates/places based on where I was living

Quote from: -budd- on April 27, 2017, 06:02:44 AMI'm gonna guess Lee Greenwood.
Summer of '91 at Ft Sill's big 4th of July post picnic.  I was helping oversee the Boy Scouts who were the ushers for the VIP seating.  I got his autograph, too :)

jamus34

Quote from: -budd- on April 27, 2017, 06:02:44 AM

Jamus34
I'm gonna say Jethro Tull, you don't seem like a flute guy :)
Jacksonville, fl 1998

Gusington

BB did not see Rage Against the Machine.

Jamus did not see Our Lady Peace...much like the rest of the universe.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

I've seen Led Zep live - and Black Sabbath (original line-up). 8)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

My aunt and uncle saw Zep in 1975 at Madison Square Garden in Manhattan and LEFT THE SHOW - they claim it was one of the worst they had ever been to! Way too loud and horrible, muddy sound...I couldn't even speak when they first told me that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

I doubt I could think of five bands I've seen live.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bob48

I saw them in 1968 at Birmingham Town Hall, and they were stupendously good.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_Town_Hall
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!