Main Menu

Deathgasm

Started by BanzaiCat, July 15, 2016, 12:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Or, as Walmart decided to re-name it, "Heavy Metal Apocalypse"  ::)

This is a New Zealand indie flick on Netflix. It's way over the top...lots of action, blood, metal references, you name it. If you like horror movies and have any kind of appreciation for metal of any kind (not just ultra insane thrash/death/murder metal), you'll probably enjoy this flick. It's especially great because it doesn't take itself seriously and the humor/jokes in this film make it well worth a watch.

Unless you hate blood or gore. The best thing I can compare this movie to is, the Walking Dead on a Cannibal Corpse/Maiden/Anthrax-fueled acid trip. If you deal with the Walking Dead, you can probably deal with this, but as I said, the humor is great.

Nefaro

Liked the idea.  But the humor fell pretty flat for me.  Was a couple humorous gorefest moments I enjoyed though.

Dammit Carl!

While watching this...
Me:  :)
Son:  ???

Good times.

Gusington

^Please tell us your son is 5.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Nah. 13 but he ain't down with metal.  Don't know if he's really mine, but what do you do?

Nefaro

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on August 26, 2016, 06:09:18 PM
Nah. 13 but he ain't down with metal.  Don't know if he's really mine, but what do you do?

Well... I don't think there's been any decent Metal for awhile now.  And only rarely good rock music.

Poor millennial kids, these days, are being hit with a steady stream of Pop music of varying types.  I feel really sorry for them, especially when I see the teenage boys listening to girly music all the time.  (Insert puke emote).

Been expecting yet another "rock revolution" to sweep in and fix the imbalance between the Dark Side and the Light, but thus far it's not happened.

Gusington

So what does a red blooded 13 year old male listen to these days? At 13 I loved the Doors, the Stones, U2 and Run DMC...it was 1987.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on August 26, 2016, 07:00:13 PM
So what does a red blooded 13 year old male listen to these days? At 13 I loved the Doors, the Stones, U2 and Run DMC...it was 1987.

Well.. you were only a year old than I.

Gusington

And still am, I bet...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on August 26, 2016, 07:11:36 PM
And still am, I bet...

Maybe I lived in close orbit around a black hole for a time.. or did some time on a ship traveling near the speed of light.  Hrmm?

Gusington

We would have heard about it by now I hope.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Issue is that metal just don't get the airplay it used to.  Outside of aggressive sounding top 40 songs, you've got to search it out to an extent.  Then, you start getting into specific genres and that's where people's  head turn sideways.

Bottom line: Rob Halford ruined wearing leather with spiky bits in public for the common man and WASP doesn't get the love it should.  Thanks Obama.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on August 27, 2016, 02:29:49 PM
Issue is that metal just don't get the airplay it used to.  Outside of aggressive sounding top 40 songs, you've got to search it out to an extent. 

Perhaps a little, but if you have SiriusXM, there's a channel called Liquid Metal that's nothing BUT this stuff.