What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Quote from: panzerde on August 28, 2016, 12:22:14 PM
O0  Looking good Mirth! MBT is definitely going to be an acquisition here soon.

MBT is amazing. That series is going to cost me a lot of money :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on August 28, 2016, 01:00:40 PM
Quote from: panzerde on August 28, 2016, 12:22:14 PM
O0  Looking good Mirth! MBT is definitely going to be an acquisition here soon.

MBT is amazing. That series is going to cost me a lot of money :P

I keep eyeing the old sequel, IDF, when I pass it on one of my game shelves.  Hadn't thought about it much until the new version of MBT started showing up.  They're great classics, and it's good to see it get a much needed facelift.

Kinda wanted to pick up the new MBT, but so backlogged.  I'll worry about it in the future, when I'm rich.

Bison

I've been looking at MBT, but I'm still playing though Panzer and all three expansions.  I like the laminated sheet though.

mirth

The newly laminated sheets are actually from Compass Games' Balance of Powers. I'm hoping to play soon with my local group, so I'm working on getting it prepped.

I picked up MBT because I love the Modern era games (I'll leave it to Brant to tell you why the 80s isn't 'modern') and because a buddy of mine already has it and I know we'll be getting a lot of use out of the system.

And let's be honest, I'm a total game whore.

Bison

Well if you like the system, Panzer is an excellent WW2 armor system.  I'm personally anxiously awaiting us civil war.  Empire of the Sun looks like a good system too.

mirth

I've played a lot of Panzer in miniature and I have a copy of those rules someplace in my stack of games. I'm sure I'll add the board games to the stack at some point. Like I said, total game whore.

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on August 28, 2016, 12:14:05 PM
Latest acquisitions. On the right, is a mounted map for GMT's Empire of the Sun.

And a nicely trimmed M1 counter

Looks good except fer that defective M1 counter... maybe contact GMT fer a new one.

Anyone know what, if anything, has been changed from the original version. Still have that on my shelf. Played it a lot back in the '90s.

mirth

I know they've supposedly cleaned up the rules a lot, but I don't have the original to compare it to.

This is a pretty good interview with Jim Day about the new versions of Panzer and MBT. Granted, it's a GMT house piece so it's going to give a favorable impression, but it's worth a read.

http://www.insidegmt.com/

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on August 28, 2016, 03:02:47 PM
Looks good except fer that defective M1 counter... maybe contact GMT fer a new one.

You'd be really unhappy if you could see what is happening to the rest of my Balance of Powers counters right now.

Bison

I'm going to bet on some sort of explicit fondling...

mirth

Quote from: Bison on August 28, 2016, 03:37:55 PM
I'm going to bet on some sort of explicit fondling...

In a manner of speaking...

mirth

You still wake up sometimes, don't you Barthheart? You wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of the counters.

GJK

Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Staggerwing

^That movie was actually based on a novel and was told, iirc, from the viewpoint of the alumnus dad of one of the cadets.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys