So turn the FRIDAY out

Started by MetalDog, July 14, 2017, 05:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on July 14, 2017, 11:28:37 AM
I have also seen a handful of dudes who are shorter than me. Yes they exist!

Of course they do

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

-budd-

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 14, 2017, 06:52:49 AM

Empyrion galactic survival...I'm working on my first capital class ship that is nearly ready for sustained space flight. In real combat, she'd get torn to shreds, but I'm still proud of her.

You making it from scratch or plans? I've only used plans, it a lot of damn work to make from scratch. I do the smaller vessels from scratch but not capital. Show some pic's when you get her up and running, inside and out.  Every time you mention Empyrion i want to go play, too many good games. Subnautica is scratching my crafting/survival itch right now, so far fantastic.

Heading out for vacation Sunday morning, no internet for a week. I do have Cm Red Thunder and WITE pbem turns to do. We started Road to Leningrad with me as the Soviets after fighting to a draw in Kharkov 42. Never played the Soviets in WITE, a lot of housekeeping and running the first couple of turns so far. The detail in this game is staggering, have to figure out which things to pay attention too. Some Subnautica time willing, although 7 days to die released a new update so that's pulling me and i also want to get back to The darkest dungeon, another fantastic game.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: -budd- on July 14, 2017, 11:57:56 AM

Empyrion galactic survival...I'm working on my first capital class ship that is nearly ready for sustained space flight. In real combat, she'd get torn to shreds, but I'm still proud of her.

You making it from scratch or plans? I've only used plans, it a lot of damn work to make from scratch. I do the smaller vessels from scratch but not capital. Show some pic's when you get her up and running, inside and out.  Every time you mention Empyrion i want to go play, too many good games. Subnautica is scratching my crafting/survival itch right now, so far fantastic.

Heading out for vacation Sunday morning, no internet for a week. I do have Cm Red Thunder and WITE pbem turns to do. We started Road to Leningrad with me as the Soviets after fighting to a draw in Kharkov 42. Never played the Soviets in WITE, a lot of housekeeping and running the first couple of turns so far. The detail in this game is staggering, have to figure out which things to pay attention too. Some Subnautica time willing, although 7 days to die released a new update so that's pulling me and i also want to get back to The darkest dungeon, another fantastic game.

Totally from scratch. I designed it on paper before I started and what I ended up with looks absolutely nothing like what I designed. LoL

Starboard side. Parked near my base for size comparison

Angled view from the front. Showing docking bay with open hangar door.

Looking inside the hangar bay with docked SV inside

Port side

Rear view showing topside access to bridge
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

I was about to comment that the UI has gotten a little busier, and not in a good way; until I realized in the last shot you're probably using a drone? (That's you standing on top of the ship, right?)

Then again, I thought your base was your ship and vice versa, so... :hide:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Also, I noticed a VR symbol next to the game tag in my friend list: is Empy on VR now??
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Wolfe1759

On the gaming front probably some CiV and for some proper wargaming some Strategic Command and possibly Campaign Series Middle East.

On the latter I've installed the Ode to Arab Israeli Wars scenarios, would you recommend any other mods / graphic mods?

As to short Scots the best I've met have all been single malts  :)
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 14, 2017, 04:35:37 PM
I was about to comment that the UI has gotten a little busier, and not in a good way; until I realized in the last shot you're probably using a drone? (That's you standing on top of the ship, right?)

Then again, I thought your base was your ship and vice versa, so... :hide:

Yeah...I'm using the drone to take the pictures and that is my character standing on the ship in the last picture.

The base was a ship. It's the crashed engine compartment of a CV.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

-budd-

Nice Jarhead, all you have to do now decide on your paint job. Have you had a test flight yet? Looks like a lot of resources invested. I haven't had a chance to use the auto mining thing, Did you use that? Hopefully it lessens the resource grind. Every time you post I want to go fire up Empyrion.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 14, 2017, 10:53:40 AM
Being really short in Scotland must be tough. With all the kilt-guys flouncing around I mean. Especially on windy days.  :-"
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

World of Warships with the usual kru.

Tabletop Simulator Grogheads 40k bout.  If the stars align properly, Nef will issue forth from the Eye Of Terror.

plus learning Nemo's War, and doing a first run, on the real tabletop.

MetalDog

Quote from: Rayfer on July 14, 2017, 07:46:01 AM
Jesus. And people bitch about my music choices?  :DD

A lot of VR gun and sword play too, I'm sure.

Just got back into E:GS a couple of days ago. Forgot how much fun the game is.   

MD....great song choice. About time we got back to something good.   :-"

You're a good man, Rayfer.  And have great taste in music  :bd:
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Jarhead0331

Quote from: -budd- on July 14, 2017, 05:25:54 PM
Nice Jarhead, all you have to do now decide on your paint job. Have you had a test flight yet? Looks like a lot of resources invested. I haven't had a chance to use the auto mining thing, Did you use that? Hopefully it lessens the resource grind. Every time you post I want to go fire up Empyrion.

Have not used the autominer yet although I do have one crafted. I've used mostly a T2 Drill.

I have flown it in the atmosphere and took her into orbit, but it was before I had installed a gravity generator. I have since expanded the rear mechanical compartment and added one. My biggest disappointment is that it has no warp drive. I had no idea how big those things were and my CV is way too small to equip one. Will have to wait for my next attempt.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Bison

Got my new Go board today.  I hope to plunk some stones down this weekend.  Oh and play some Rimworld.

W8taminute

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 14, 2017, 06:38:45 AM
I might play some Civ VI. I fired it up the other day and I love the production values put into that game. Music score is fantastic.

Also, I want to see if I can complete my IAF Leader 1948 War of Independence Campaign

Sweet looking game!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Slick Wilhelm

I went nuts last night, and picked up Gettysburg: The Tide Turns, Order of Battle and the Kriegsmarine & Winter War DLC, and since I'm having so much fun with Cold Waters...I also picked up Atlantic Fleet. So, I've got lots of news games to try this weekend!  :bd:

That being said, I still plan on playing my usual Red Orchestra 2.