Site Migration

Started by Jarhead0331, April 27, 2012, 09:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER

Quote from: RommelFox on November 16, 2018, 06:10:15 PM
Thank goodness we're back up.

I was having to actually play games instead of talking about them here :D
+1  O0

...played WH40k Gladius  67 turns as Space Marines vs Orks and Necrons.   ...Orks are purged, Necrons contained
(seems both AI-factions had a harsh start against the evil flora/fauna units that roams Gladius after the warp storm like me)

also planted like 400 flowering bulbs in the garden before temp is subzero  - each by hand

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Toonces on November 16, 2018, 11:37:09 PM
I finished War and Peace!

....or was that one of Jason's cached posts?

NO ONE TOLD ME MY POSTS EARN CASH!!

{off to prepare a new tome}
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Back on topic, what did the most recent error message mean? "The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later."

The site was off for some time last night (Central Standard US), due to that. Or, was this an anti-spam measure to stop people from accessing the site more than x-number of times in a given period of time?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

SirAndrewD

I'd been playing so much Red Dead II that I'm starting to smell like Arthur Morgan.

Oh, wait, that's normal. 

Anyway, glad we're back in business. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Pratt I have not seen that error message at all...I must not have tried to access it at the proper time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I had that same error for about an hour last night.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Steelgrave

I got it just a few minutes ago before coming back to try my luck again.

Jarhead0331

If someone could screenshot it when it happens, that might be helpful. Like Gus, I have not experienced it, and everything in our cPanel looks good.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bob48

Nope, I've not seen that one either.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

I had it a few times last night. There's not much to see, just black text on a white background starting in the upper left.

"The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later." (without quotes)

I'll try a screenie if it happens again in case the URL has anything helpful. Note to anyone else doing the same- you'll probably have to highlight the URL in case the full thing doesn't show, maybe even copy-paste it into your reply.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Steelgrave

^Yeah, I've gotten that one as well. Seems to be running smooth atm though.

Jarhead0331

It's possible godaddy has not extorted us for enough money yet.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

No problems here at the moment. I've been gone since around noon my time though (so 4.5 hours).

MetalDog

Just got back in for the first time in a few days.  Nice to see everyone's smiling faces again! :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob