Recent forum engine troubles

Started by JasonPratt, April 27, 2012, 12:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Not sure where else to post this, and I haven't seen a specific thread dedicated to it yet.

Recently the forum has been listing some new posts as though they happened back in late April 2012, and I've heard of one being listed as though in March or May of this year (if I recall correctly).

A minute ago, I discovered a new insane trick when I tried to answer a p-mail for the first time since Wednesday (today being Friday):

An Error Has Occurred!
You have exceeded the limit of 20 personal messages per hour.

My first thought was that something or someone had hacked my p-mail account and had been secretly spamming out pmails, but I checked to be sure: nothing sent since Wednesday, and I knew what those were. (Upkeep posts for umpiring the current Republic of Rome forum game. Also not 20+ per hour at any time.)

Perhaps this thread could be helpful for archiving instances of forum weirdities, so that the technical guys can zero in on the cause(s)?

(If there's already a thread, an ad/mod can just fold this post into it.  O:-) )

Edited to add, that the first time I tried to post this message, the engine told me I had timed out already. Definitely not true; and I tried again to post immediately, and successfully.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

Yep I've made a couple of posts in Computer Wargaming to the same effect.  There's definitely something weird going on with post timestamps at the moment.

Jarhead0331

We are aware of the issue and are in the process of addressing it. We will make sure everything is shipshape ASAP.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Steelgrave

We just dropped Gus into the Jefferies Tube. Truth be told, he was the only one of us who could fit.