The Endless Kriegspiel, an AAR

Started by bayonetbrant, May 12, 2018, 08:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

besilarius

I'd forgotten about this.
Very much looking forward to seeing the campaign as it develops.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Hatricvs

Ha....first I knew that I had lost the campaign was the appearance of this AAR.....bout typical for the general lack of knowledge/intelligence I had in the whole campaign....one very broken and dissallusioned General Brunswick!

I can't wait to find out myself about the where, what and how of my dimise...I thought I was sitting pretty, but tired, in Leipzig with quite a lot of my boys....shows how little I know....he he!

Great game and I know I shouldn't say it but I would dearly love to do something like this again in the not too distant future if Jim can summon up both the energy and time to do it all again. Thanks for a great gaming experience Jim...very much appreciated indeed.

Andy B (Hatricvs) AKA Brunswick.

Cyrano

To My Lord of Brunswick and all the others I owe a real debt of thanks.  I'll have much more to say (I really always do) in the AARs, but I am grateful for the fun.

And, yes, there will be another.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

James Sterrett

Quote from: Cyrano on May 12, 2018, 11:59:44 AM
And, yes, there will be another.

Can I sign up now?   :D

What about now?   :D

Barthheart

mirth

I'm not sure some of you guys have another 18 months
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

panzerde

Come back here so I can hit you with my cane.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Sir Slash

Enjoying watching the videos and reading the usual Grog-banter.  O0  How did Napoleon and his Guard get all by himself so far north?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Cyrano

@Slash -- In a fashion that reminded me much more of Gustavus Adolphus than the Little Corporal, he took a chevauchee up that way looking for Prussians to kill.

Bold, but he swung at air.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

panzerde

So, are the videos being released in real-time to correspond to the pace of the game?  :-"
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

MetalDog

Ditto!  I've already watched the four.  Found a couple more from the last day on YouTube and I refuse to watch them out of order.  MOAR PLEASE!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Quote from: panzerde on May 14, 2018, 04:19:18 PM
So, are the videos being released in real-time to correspond to the pace of the game?  :-"

If you want real-time of the game, you'll need to watch them frame-by-frame.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus