Author Topic: An Updated Word From Our Sponsors (PLEASE READ!)  (Read 2139 times)

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
An Updated Word From Our Sponsors (PLEASE READ!)
« on: August 16, 2015, 06:29:55 PM »
Hey guys -

In addition to our normal advertisers who are graciously helping us keep the lights on with their ad support, we've got a 'new' ad space we've set up right below the first post in each thread.  These ads are reserved for GH-specific promotions, like the GrogHeads Central Command at Origins.

We've got a few new GH-specific ads running there now that link you back to Amazon for military books / tabletop wargames, and we'll be adding a few more to the rotation shortly.

These ads take you to Amazon, and shouldn't show you any different pricing than you'd normally see if you just wandered in the front door.  What these ads do for us, though, is they link anything you purchase on that session back to our affiliate account (not just games or books, but TVs, lawnmowers, and baby formula, too).  Anything that comes back to us through the affiliate account helps us out with expenses here, as well as helping us sock a little away in the bank for a rainy day, or our own game convention, whichever comes first O0

so check 'em out and let us know what you think, and even if you're already planning to go to Amazon for something else, click through our ad links first and that'll hook you up to our affiliate.  Thanks in advance!

Here are the ads :)

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline bbmike

• Landsknecht
    • AAR Central
Re: An Updated Word From Our Sponsors (PLEASE READ!)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 07:08:39 PM »
I buy a lot through Amazon. I shall turn off my popup blocker for this site immediately!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

Offline Staggerwing

• Arquebusier
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 07:29:11 PM »
I've been doing the smile.amazon.com thing for autism research up to now but I'll split it between that and GH.
Vituš ér enn - eša hvat?  -Voluspa

Offline bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 01:19:57 PM »
Bump -

Just a heads-up, Amazon is threatening to shutter our affiliate account if we don't start registering more sales activity through it.

We're not asking you to buy extra stuff.  We're just asking that if you are going to buy something, click thru from one the links on our site.  It won't cost you anything extra, but it does credit back to us as an affiliate site.

Thanks!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline bob48

• GrogHeads Mods
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 09:34:10 AM »
I can't see that it works for me from the UK?

I might have missed something crucial of course - Luddite that I am.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Offline Staggerwing

• Arquebusier
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 06:05:31 AM »
Brant, can you create a GH Amazon redirect link in the Welcome section like you have to redirect to the Mythical Front Page, or maybe a link right on the MFP itself so we don't have to keep finding this thread to order stuff from Amazon?

I'm not lazy (well, uh... actually... ) but often I have to order stuff from my phone with little time to do so (like when I'm at work) and an easier-to-find link would be great.

Offline airboy

• Condottieri
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 03:15:30 PM »
Brant:

The Kindle book link no longer works.

Offline bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 04:05:46 PM »
thanks - I'll look into it.

Offline bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 05:07:06 AM »
Please welcome Academy Games to our family of sponsors.

Give 'em a couple of clicks, and make sure you order a copy of their new '1754' game

thanks! O0

Offline bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 08:03:40 PM »
Please welcome Academy Games to our family of sponsors.

Give 'em a couple of clicks, and make sure you order a copy of their new '1754' game

thanks! O0

And they're now pimping their 878 - Vikings game! :)

Offline Staggerwing

• Arquebusier
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 04:52:29 AM »
Intriguing.