More Headline News From Maine

Started by mirth, July 31, 2015, 10:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

That is cool. You should grab a pic of yourself recreating a scene from the comic at one of the locations.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Sir Slash

I am shocked. :o  I thought everyone in Maine worked industriously from dawn to dusk 24/7 except for X-Mas and Bullwinkle's Birthday? Don't tell me there's 'Unemployment' and perhaps.... even vagrancy? In the Great Northeast?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on October 02, 2017, 09:18:54 PM
That's right, people are camped out for Krispy Kreme

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/10/02/krazy-for-krispy-kreme/

Never fails to surprise me what people will wait for a long, long time in line for. The last International Donut Day, I think all donut stores gave away a free glazed donut. The one day I go out for donuts just happens to be this day (I rarely do), and EVERY store has a line out the door. Because of the free glazed donut. Which costs, what, $0.10?  ::) ::) ::)

Sir Slash

My dear, old Dad used to say, "Some people would line-up for an Ass-Kicking if you put the word 'free' in front of it".
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Sorry to ruin your idealized version of Maine.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on October 03, 2017, 09:57:28 AM
Sorry to ruin your idealized version of Maine.

Still a far sight better than Houston.

mirth

Yeah, I don't think I could make it in Houston.

Sir Slash

We had our own Krispy Kreme Craze here in Fla. too. But now we've gotten over it and moved on to better things, like Fidget Spinners.

airboy

Quote from: mirth on September 22, 2017, 09:06:45 AM
this is pretty cool

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/09/22/artist-draws-on-portland-for-scenes-in-new-batman-comic-series/

Did Batman kill Columbus Day for Portland?
And give the head of Columbus to the Indigenous Peoples?
And are drunks tired of winter the only true Indigenous People of Maine (and Wisconsin)?

mirth

I think it's safe to say whichever people have lived through Maine winters have been drunks.

mirth