Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Army Editor Tech Support / Re: Army Editor Beta
« Last post by Dr D Ezra Sidran on Today at 02:37:14 PM »
I'm going to let Andy answer your other questions; I'll respond to, "Why only 3 levels of command?  What about division and corps command?  Are they inputted later during scenario creation?"

This was a design / gameplay decision that I made early on after polling a pretty large group of potential users. The majority thought that three levels would be fine. It's really a question of where do you want to cut off the commanders. You could easily go Army HQ -> Corps -> Division -> Brigade -> Regiment -> Company, but do we really want to issue orders that far down the chain of command?

If you want to use General Staff for a large battle, I would suggest Army HQ -> Corps -> Division is appropriate. Smaller battles would use, perhaps, Division -> Brigade -> Regiment.
General Discussion / Re: Flying Legends 2018
« Last post by bob48 on Today at 02:23:07 PM »
Great pics, JD  :bd:
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 01:51:29 PM »
Now you're being just plain abusive.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Burden of Command Announced
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 01:51:16 PM »
WISH LISTED HARRRRD!  :smitten:

Sounds like moist loins to me.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Burden of Command Announced
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 01:41:06 PM »
WISH LISTED HARRRRD!  :smitten:
Computer Wargaming / Re: Total War: Rome II THE RISE OF ROME dlc
« Last post by MengJiao on Today at 12:52:52 PM »
Those don't look like the kind of guys who "flee". Perhaps they are preparing to advance in a different direction?

They do look unhappy about the whole turn of events, and I think they were the cheif's warband, but what with Etruscan Axe Infantry and Gallic Horse and what not, they finally ran away (last of the whole army, but they did finally flee).  You can see the guy with the triangular helmet and crescent things giving them some strong advice.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Total War: Rome II THE RISE OF ROME dlc
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 12:48:21 PM »
...rear?
Computer Wargaming / Dustwind
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 12:33:27 PM »
This looks like an absolute blast. Looks like it can be played PvP, PvE, co-op or solo.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/600460/Dustwind/

WELCOME TO DUSTWIND, A POST-APOCALYPTIC REAL-TIME TACTICS GAME!
The world has come to an end. Anyone still alive must fight other survivors. The time has come for you and your friends to get rekt while fighting against each other, other teams, or the Evil Computer in Cooperative or Solo modes.

Come join the CLUSTERFUN!
Make quick tactical decisions, create custom characters with interesting combinations of skills and gear, and dominate the battlefield! Play online or solo.

TACTICAL ACTION COMBAT
Sneak, aim for bodyparts, use varied weapons and ammo, trick and flank your enemies, set or disarm traps, drive and repair vehicles, and try not to blow up all of your teammates! Seriously, donīt take that bazooka into close quarters combat.

A typical game session is anywhere between 10 minutes and 1.5 hours, strongly depending on which gamemode and map you play. Large cooperative or solo maps take longer (if you donīt die), while competitive matches are usually timed at 10-20 minutes.

No fixed classes, no pay-to-win! Experiment with various character builds without wasting your time. But you only get 10.000 points to spend on each character you make, so spend them wisely to find the coolest combination of skills and gear that suits you personally. Donīt worry though, you can re-stat or make a new char any time! Also as you gain ranks as a player, you unlock new cool items to give to your characters.

Dogs are great support units who can throw grenades, drive cars, deploy turrets, fire mounted car guns, heal people (bring your DOGtor!), repair stuff, bite enemies in the butt, and more.. The only thing they canīt do is use (the most) human weapons. But so what? Show those humans how tactical fighting is done! Wuff!

« Last post by DoctorQuest on Today at 12:30:45 PM »
 :smitten: :notworthy: O0
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Today at 12:27:31 PM »
Ok - a few more before I go on my hols

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10