Main Menu

Novice Gamer - hello

Started by Blackndecker, September 25, 2016, 06:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bob48 on September 26, 2016, 06:54:11 AM
...you can never had enough padded cells.

Or canvas jackets with extra long sleeves.................

I mean, why do they call them "straightjackets" if they twist you into a pretzel shape?!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bison

Well I think the correct spelling is straitjacket.  Not that strait makes much more sense than straight.  And welcome to the new guy.

egg_salad

Quote from: Bison on September 26, 2016, 08:30:58 AM
Well I think the correct spelling is straitjacket.  Not that strait makes much more sense than straight.  And welcome to the new guy.

Because if you are in one, you are in dire straits?
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

Sir Slash

Because you got to get 'straight' before you get out. Thirty Five years in Mental Health and never used straightjackets once. Nor Electric Shock. And never even seen either used actually. Though used cloth and leather restraints PLENTY. And Electro-Convulsive Therapy is common for treatment of depression now days. As a Psych. Nurse, nothing beats a good 'Roofie' to put somebody down when they need it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

Quote from: Bison on September 26, 2016, 08:30:58 AM

You're quite right, but it is fun to wind the boss up now and again :-)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

GJK

Always good to see a new (board)-wargamer, welcome!  O0
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer