TANKSgiving 2017 - Bovington Tank Museum

Started by bayonetbrant, November 20, 2017, 10:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Thanks.  That was a very enjoyable day-long trip by myself.  The wife went shopping.

There is one embarrassing thing.  Brant put a Panzer 3 in with the pictures of the other British Tanks.  He dropped the pictures of the Panzer 1 and Panzer 2.

In his defense, my commentary and suggestions for picture insertions was complex.

Still, go to Bovington if you ever get the opportunity.

mirth

It's not like Brant really knows anything about tanks :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Phantom

Nice post. I've been to Bovington a couple of times (lucky I live about 2 hours away) and always wished I'd had more time there. Allow a full day if you're a tread head, and try to get down there when they have some of their outdoor action displays. Great pics of some less well knows tanks.
Regards
Keith

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on November 20, 2017, 12:27:40 PM
There is one embarrassing thing.  Brant put a Panzer 3 in with the pictures of the other British Tanks.  He dropped the pictures of the Panzer 1 and Panzer 2.

In his defense, my commentary and suggestions for picture insertions was complex.

Fixed, I think  8)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers