Ace of Aces Reprint?

Started by Barthheart, July 10, 2012, 09:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Anyone remeber this game? Two booklets with pictures of WWI fighters and views from the pilot's seat. Roaring around trying to shoot down the other guy.
Great fun back in the day. I still have my copy but it's coming apart from so much play.

Well Someone has gotten permissionto reprint it! And he's using Kickstarter to raise the funds:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/994700393/ace-of-aces-rotary-series-limited-edition-reprint-0

Capn Darwin

The game is still played at a number of game conventions like WBC. We figured out a system to beat the game back in the 80s. Kinda killed the game for me.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Barthheart

Quote from: Capn Darwin on July 11, 2012, 06:56:33 AM
The game is still played at a number of game conventions like WBC. We figured out a system to beat the game back in the 80s. Kinda killed the game for me.

My group played so much we memorized the shot page numbers. After that it became a requirement to write down your choices. Still fun to play though.
We have a few sets and would have 4 or six players at once and would stand in the yard and move around into the positions to help with the visuals.