upcoming steam sales for remainder of year

Started by Grim.Reaper, October 20, 2019, 06:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Didn't get a lot this round, the biggest being War of Rights. Well, I suppose the biggest thing for one game would be filling out some missing slots in my IL-2 BoX roster (paid more for those total than WoR).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

So far nothing that really interests me is properly discounted.

Well, there's always the Christmas/Winter sale.

Rayfer

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 28, 2019, 05:11:42 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on October 28, 2019, 03:31:03 PM
Quote from: WYBaugh on October 28, 2019, 03:13:32 PM
Steam is up for me now!

+1

But no sign of a sale on their front page.

Great site GR....thanks for sharing.
I find this site more useful at times than Steam...lists all the sales, not only from steam but bunch of places...you can filter to be only steam if you like.

https://gg.deals/

airboy

I picked up Attack of the Earthlings for 50% off.

If you are in a mood for an excellent Halloween adventure - Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers is less than $5 on gog.  One of the best and creepiest adventure games ever done.

CJReich46

I'm kind of in that "Uhh...do I really want THAT?"

I'm willing to wait for the Winter Sale. However, I do plan on getting something on this one, its just a matter of "what."
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Tpek

I ended up purchasing Thea 2 : The Shattering .

Seems that since I already own Thea 1, I could purchase the bundle (Thea 1&2) with an additional 20% discount (on top of the existing discount for Thea 2).

Tpek

I'm actually eying X4 again.
Is it in a stable, playable and fun state already?
Because from reading the reviews on Steam it seems to be pretty damn broken.

Skoop

I had a great time with x4, they have added a ton of content since release.  There's a big 3.0 update with the Split faction as dlc due q1 2020, so if you get it say in the Christmas sale, q1 2020 would be the perfect time to jump in.

Tpek

Steam is now having a 24 hour sale as part of Singles' Day, the Chinese Black Friday:

https://www.pcgamer.com/steam-is-having-a-singles-day-sale/

Gusington

^I picked up Divinity: Original Sin 2 in honor of our Chinese overlords. ~25 dollah.

Toying with getting A Plague Tale as well, also for ~25 dollah.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

Few of the sales I have seen this year appeal to me. As the DLC and sometimes game prices on Steam have risen, the 15% to 30% sales do not trip my "buy" reflex.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

I agree - I will never pay 60 dollars for a game. Ever.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

50% off is usually my price point for a new (to me) game or DLC.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

A lot of sales come in between 30-45% off, which is awfully tempting most of the time.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Martok

A discount of 25-40% can be enough to induce me to buy, depending on just how badly I want it.  As much as possible, though, I hold out for the 50% (or more) markdowns. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces