What's The Name of the Virtual Tabletop Game?

Started by Ian C, May 06, 2019, 06:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian C

A few years ago I downloaded a free virtual tabletop system that can host no-AI games that recreates hundreds of classic tabletop wargames. There are hundreds of rule sets, boards and counters of converted games to download.

For the life of me, I can't remember what it was called. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

....my impression of Tabletopia, was not that it hosted "hundreds of classic tabletop wargames"?  ???
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Pete Dero

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 06, 2019, 07:21:38 AM
....my impression of Tabletopia, was not that it hosted "hundreds of classic tabletop wargames"?  ???

600+ Board Games  :hide:  :-[

Ian C

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 06, 2019, 06:43:23 AM
Vassal?

www.vassalengine.org

That's the one! Thank you Yskonyn!.

I've recently obtained my old rules for GDW's Third World War series and wanted to set a game up. FYI there's a Designer Signature Edition on it;s was next year by Compass games.

https://www.compassgames.com/preorders/the-third-world-war-designer-signature-edition.html