Main Menu

FRIDAY-nicity

Started by JudgeDredd, January 12, 2018, 04:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Love this song (and group)

This weekend I'll be hitting American Truck Simulator, F1 2017 with Canada next, Project Cars 2 and a game I've given very little attention to - Total War:Warhammer. Added The Division - see what it's like now

I'll perhaps continue my Battle of Britain Eagle board game campaign but as my laptop is broken I'll have to continue without doing the AAR (too much work without a laptop) - so apologies if anyone has been reading and waiting for the next installment. You don't need an AAR anyway - if you like boardgames this has to be in your collection - it's a great solitaire game and has 2 player rules too.
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

When The Police shared the stage with The Damned and The Clash (https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festival_punk_de_Mont-de-Marsan) :

If I have time for gaming this weekend it will be some Graviteam Tactics and/or Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg.

jomni

I just realized how fun Warframe can be.   Will do some modding.  And trade cryptocurrency.

Tuna

Excited for long weekend, hoping for an uneventful day at work. Probably be doing some IL2 BoS MP this weekend. As well as Project Zomboid and TW Rome II.

Maybe I should start looking at some of those games that I bought over the Xmas sale and haven't touched yet before I forget about them. Next thing you know, I'll be looking over their store pages in a future sale contemplating whether or not to purchase and forget that I already own them!

Hofstadter

Recently got into Thai cooking so I've got sunday planned to hit up a bunch of Asian groceries to find this one bottle of soy sauce that continues to elude me.

Gotta sort out fixing my PC since that's gone buggy, not broken just an..odd issue. In building a new one anyway.

Then I gotta make a make a video or two, im thinking of a hold fast compilation, or maybe start recording for my final Napoleon video since I have the script written
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Dammit Carl!

So, rather than state the obvious (if one has been keeping score), these are the games I'll be playing that aren't The Division:

Whew!  Also will be doing the manly "fix a flat," and other such things as bathing dogs etc., etc.  And the Conan RPG book - via DriveThru's bundle sale - !  Holy Moley! It swells my thews mightily!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on January 12, 2018, 07:52:17 AM
So, rather than state the obvious (if one has been keeping score), these are the games I'll be playing that aren't The Division:

Whew!  Also will be doing the manly "fix a flat," and other such things as bathing dogs etc., etc.  And the Conan RPG book - via DriveThru's bundle sale - !  Holy Moley! It swells my thews mightily!
How is The Division now? I thought it was pretty poorly populated...for finding kit I mean. The missions were kind of fun (though too often I strayed away from my level) but the loot kicking around was quite poor iirc.
Alba gu' brath

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 12, 2018, 08:03:10 AM
How is The Division now? I thought it was pretty poorly populated...for finding kit I mean. The missions were kind of fun (though too often I strayed away from my level) but the loot kicking around was quite poor iirc.

Not certain of others' experiences, but once I hit level 30 with the "main," game, I started getting drops like mad - Superior / High End / Gear Set stuff is common (but good luck getting that last bit of Gear Set that you want/need - it's like McDonalds' Monopoly where you need that one last piece to get a win). Even got a couple of Exotic weapons this way too.  Heck, I just pick up Superior stuff to sell now, and those poors on the street giving me their Standard or Specialized crap in exchange for med kits or sodas ....pffft! Please!

I think it's a Level issue; the higher your level, the greater the chance of something good coming out of blasting baddies.  Also the difficulty level of the mission reflects on the goods you get too.

Supposedly, per scuttlebutt I've seen on some other forums, they reworked drops a couple of versions ago so I couldn't tell you how things were then as I wasn't around to play at that point.

If anyone wants to team up online, my handle is "yogurt337," - The Boy changed my handle whilst I was away as he spent more time playing Rainbow 6 Siege and he didn't like people screaming "Dammit Carl!" and shooting him and I've honestly not bothered to change it back so as to not mess up his gig.

Gusington

Patched up my video card, etc. last night in preparation for finally beginning Battlefield I this weekend, and hopefully some Rise of Flight as well.

Love me some Police...one of my favorite bands of all time!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on January 12, 2018, 08:33:59 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 12, 2018, 08:03:10 AM

Not certain of others' experiences, but once I hit level 30 with the "main," game, I started getting drops like mad - Superior / High End / Gear Set stuff is common (but good luck getting that last bit of Gear Set that you want/need - it's like McDonalds' Monopoly where you need that one last piece to get a win). Even got a couple of Exotic weapons this way too.  Heck, I just pick up Superior stuff to sell now, and those poors on the street giving me their Standard or Specialized crap in exchange for med kits or sodas ....pffft! Please!

I think it's a Level issue; the higher your level, the greater the chance of something good coming out of blasting baddies.  Also the difficulty level of the mission reflects on the goods you get too.

Supposedly, per scuttlebutt I've seen on some other forums, they reworked drops a couple of versions ago so I couldn't tell you how things were then as I wasn't around to play at that point.

If anyone wants to team up online, my handle is "yogurt337," - The Boy changed my handle whilst I was away as he spent more time playing Rainbow 6 Siege and he didn't like people screaming "Dammit Carl!" and shooting him and I've honestly not bothered to change it back so as to not mess up his gig.
Thanks...added to the list
Alba gu' brath

bbmike

Quote from: Hofstadter on January 12, 2018, 07:18:33 AM
Recently got into Thai cooking so I've got sunday planned to hit up a bunch of Asian groceries to find this one bottle of soy sauce that continues to elude me.

Gotta sort out fixing my PC since that's gone buggy, not broken just an..odd issue. In building a new one anyway.

Then I gotta make a make a video or two, im thinking of a hold fast compilation, or maybe start recording for my final Napoleon video since I have the script written

Isn't that how Big Trouble in Little China started?  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

jamus34

Continuing my education in War in the West. I picked up Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for the  switch so I'll continue my guilty pleasure JRPG run along with Persona 5 & Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4.

Beyond that not sure. Getting a hankering for some survival / base building so might go back to the likes of Factorio, Rimworld and the like.
Insert witty comment here.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 12, 2018, 08:44:21 AM
Thanks...added to the list

Oh!  I've got Wildlands as well and I've not touched it yet past 10-15 min. of the first mission so I'd certainly be up for raising a ruckuss down South America way at some point.

Ian C

My friends's 'claim to fame' is that he gave a lift to Stewart Copeland to audition a guy for a band he was forming "called The Police". That guy he auditioned was Sting.

I shall be playing HOI4 Black Ice and Witcher 3.

Rayfer

Quote from: Ian C on January 12, 2018, 10:24:36 AM
My friends's 'claim to fame' is that he gave a lift to Stewart Copeland to audition a guy for a band he was forming "called The Police". That guy he auditioned was Sting.

I shall be playing HOI4 Black Ice and Witcher 3.

How are you finding HOI4 Black Ice? I tried it out but found it to be a head-scratcher of complexity. Maybe I didn't give it enough time. Is it worth the effort?