What was your last pre-order / Kickstarter?

Started by bayonetbrant, July 17, 2018, 11:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Normandy The Beginning of the End, looks really good, should start shipping in early autumn  :smitten:

On another note, LnL's World at War'85 remake of the classic platoon scale games is nearing a Kickstarter, I'll probably go all in.  O:-)

From their newsletter:

QuoteWorld at War 85 has been undergoing a major update for some time, but the wait is nearly over!

The World at War 85 series is an eight-volume set of fast and furious platoon-level games set in a hypothetical 1985, where the Warsaw Pact makes good on its threat to storm across the East German border in a bid to seize the whole of free Europe and the world.

The World at War 85 series features a unique combat system which uses opposed die rolls to resolve combat, keeping both players constantly engaged throughout all of the fast-paced action. Die rolls are compared and hits are applied quickly since all of the information needed is right on the counters. No combat results table is necessary. Initiative, formation activation, random turn length, and air assets are all integrated smoothly.

The first two games in this eight-volume series are nearing completion and a special Kickstarter is in the works. More information will be forthcoming in our August newsletter.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Nefaro

Down In Flames: Locked On (DVG Kickstarter) - Because 1) I'm a sucker for anything "modern air combat", and 2) It has a solitaire option, so will get far more use.

I had (perhaps) more recently pre-ordered GMT's Skies Above The Reich but it's P500 was going to be shipping almost exactly when I was moving, so I nixed the order and will have to grab it in retail sometime.   :-\

So many temptations, I had to start limiting my perusal.  :))

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Hrmm.. now that I checked, my last P500 was Nevsky.

https://www.gmtgames.com/p-696-nevsky-teutons-and-rus-in-collision-1240-1242.aspx

Ended up seeing more that I wanted to pre-order.  It's a trap!  :hide:

Silent Disapproval Robot

Tiamak

I've backed the Kickstarter for DVG Corsair Leader, first time I've backed a boardgame.  Sole reason being I own several DVG games so I knew that it would be a Kickstarter that would deliver.  Got burnt on quite a few kickstarter PC games that never made the light of day.