Imperialism: Fate of india

Started by Jarhead0331, July 30, 2018, 03:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

This looks interesting...

Imperialism: Fate of India strategy game takes you to India of the early 19th century. The times are hard: the once powerful Mughal Empire is now in past, and the Maratha Confederacy that arose on its ruins also begins to fall apart. In the meantime, the East India Company aggressively expands its territory, imposing oppressive treaties upon some of the rulers and taking away the lands from others. The Coromandel Coast and Bengal have already been taken over, Delhi has been occupied... Who will stop the British Army and unite Hindustan in the face of the foreign enemies?
You have a chance to change the course of history as we know it. Choose one of the Indian states, repel the invaders and unite the subcontinent under your command!

Features:

Opportunity to play for any of the major states of India and neighbouring regions, including the Sikh Empire, both Rajput and Maratha states, Hyderabad, Nepal and Afghanistan;
    100 years of playing time - from 1805 to 1905;
    Historically accurate types of Indian and Britain military units: Rajput cavalry, Sikh infantry, etc.;
    A large number of real and alternative historical events.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/885110/Imperialism_Fate_of_India/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bbmike

It did until I clicked on the Developer link.  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Queeg

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

FarAway Sooner

It is curious to see that the original Imperialism rights have clearly been sold off to somebody!  I used to be good friends with two of three top folks at Frog City, back in the day... 

Funny thing was, I was playing their game before I knew they built it!  That Ted Spieth was a wicked Ultimate Frisbee player...

bbmike

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on July 30, 2018, 06:59:59 PM
It is curious to see that the original Imperialism rights have clearly been sold off to somebody!  I used to be good friends with two of three top folks at Frog City, back in the day... 

Funny thing was, I was playing their game before I knew they built it!  That Ted Spieth was a wicked Ultimate Frisbee player...

Where do you see that this is related to the old Imperialism? And why aren't you trying to find Ted Spieth and get him to make a proper modern version of Imperialism?  :timeout:
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Senex

Their previous game, Imperialism - The Dark Continent, sits undeveloped and absolutely unfinished.
They shouldn't be starting a new one till they finish the old one.
They won't be getting any EA money from me this time.

Gusington

Is your avatar a...surfing Mark Twain?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: bbmike on July 30, 2018, 07:02:05 PM
Quote from: FarAway Sooner on July 30, 2018, 06:59:59 PM

Where do you see that this is related to the old Imperialism? And why aren't you trying to find Ted Spieth and get him to make a proper modern version of Imperialism?  :timeout:
I assume it's related, because the font and color scheme look identical to the original, but that's just an assumption.

Ted stopped doing development years ago to focus on being a stay-at-home dad for his two small kids.  Of course, those kids are probably now about ready for college...

Frog City had some great games and a fun run, but I think (like many game developers) they realized that it wasn't the sort of stable, predictable income stream that works best when you're raising a couple children.  Much safer to work for Google...

Senex

Is your avatar a...surfing Mark Twain?

Yep.  Twain visited Hawaii in his younger days and later wrote about it.

PS Congrats on the What's Gus Playing column.

Gusington

Mark Twain is one of my heroes!

By 'congrats' do you mean 'condolences'?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

Quote from: Senex on July 31, 2018, 09:06:29 AM
Their previous game, Imperialism - The Dark Continent, sits undeveloped and absolutely unfinished.
They shouldn't be starting a new one till they finish the old one.
They won't be getting any EA money from me this time.

After watching this video:

I have to agree with you. That's unfortunate; both Imperialism: Fate of india and Imperialism: The Dark Continent looked appealing at first glance. :(
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.