Origins 2017 (June 14-18), Columbus OH

Started by bayonetbrant, June 24, 2016, 08:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

I keep hitting "add this specific event" and it won't process.

mirth

Quote from: airboy on May 03, 2017, 02:48:24 PM
Somebody flash a Star Wars babe at the nerds keeping me from registering.

These aren't the kind of nerds that would be distracted by a Star Wars babe.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

airboy

The whole thing crashed and kicked me out of the system.  I "Hope" I got registered for 11 Call of Cthulhu events.

airboy

Quote from: mirth on May 03, 2017, 03:03:17 PM

I disagree.

airboy

I registered for 11 Call of Cthulhu events.   OK - I registered for 12 and have to drop one conflict.  I may have over-scheduled for an old guy.

It is not letting me drop the conflict.  I'll try again this evening to drop it and pay up.  About $86 in game session damage.

mirth

Quote from: airboy on May 03, 2017, 03:13:44 PM
Quote from: mirth on May 03, 2017, 03:03:17 PM

I disagree.

I meant your average Origins registrant. Not the 'cool' nerds who hangout here :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

You might want to just drop later in the week. Also, we can almost always add extra folks above our capacity, but we kept the numbers low so we don't kill our fill rates
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 03, 2017, 04:30:41 PM
You might want to just drop later in the week. Also, we can almost always add extra folks above our capacity, but we kept the numbers low so we don't kill our fill rates

I'll drop by and say Hi at some point. 

airboy

I got this email from Origins.  I'm good as long as my events don't get cancelled out of my account:

Origins Fans:

We understand this has been a frustrating day at registration for all of us. The problem is not bandwidth, as we have more than doubled it this year. There is a design issue that did not surface during testing that we need to resolve.

We're working very closely with the owner of our event management system to make sure all of the glitches are fixed as quickly as possible.

We can test and fix more quickly if the event system is off line, So we are closing registration until Friday at 1:00 pm

While the system is off, your carts will not be cleared out and you will not lose the events you have already selected!

We are extremely sorry that you have lost valuable time in your day and your attendee experience is our top priority.

Thank you for being patient as we work to fix the system.

mirth

Quote from: airboy on May 03, 2017, 07:30:05 PM
We understand this has been a frustrating day at registration for all of us. The problem is not bandwidth, as we have more than doubled it this year. There is a design issue that did not surface during testing that we need to resolve.

Ugh. Been there.

airboy

I logged in today, fixed my one schedule problem and paid my extra $66 for events.

Now, a serious question.  How easy is it to grab food & go to the can in my 1 hour gaps between sessions?
Also, does Origins allow me to bring in food (i.e. jars of peanuts) and bottles of water?

With the diabetes, the bathroom and beverages are critical.

bayonetbrant

lots of easy - but expensive - grab & go food in the convention center.

very easy to bring your own food in, too.  Just be careful about parading a giant stack of 15 pizzas into the gaming hall, or the on-site folks might bitch about it
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

airboy

Who is going to Origins from around here?  I'm coming up the day before (10-12 hour drive or so).  I'll be there through Sunday.

MetalDog

I am.  But I will be leaving Friday after work and coming home the Monday after.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob