Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: solops on June 14, 2013, 12:19:55 PM
Well, it is $60 now and I will not pay that. I'll wait a couple of years and get it at a reasonable price. By then it should be debugged.

its £29.99 surely the pound - dollar isnt 2-1

MengJiao

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 14, 2013, 12:44:08 PM
Quote from: solops on June 14, 2013, 12:19:55 PM
Well, it is $60 now and I will not pay that. I'll wait a couple of years and get it at a reasonable price. By then it should be debugged.

its £29.99 surely the pound - dollar isnt 2-1

It's 59.99 to preorder and get some extra greeks.  I think that's the only way you can get it in the US.

So the pound still carries far more weight than the dollar.

I haven't ordered it yet just cuz I'm irrational about preorders.  What if some fantastic East Front game comes along and
all my funds are wrapped up in pre-orders?

Gusington

I pre ordered for 45 dollah at Green Man Gaming.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

I am so tempted to pre-order but I just can't pull the trigger.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Sir Slash

You'll feel less proud of yourself but more stress-free after you pre-order.  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^Yes I can vouch for that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

Some how you are guys are making sense .... but I will hold out ....
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Martok

Quote from: TheCommandTent on June 15, 2013, 08:12:08 PM
Some how you are guys are making sense .... but I will hold out ....
Stay strong, brother!  Just remember how pre-ordering can bite one in the ass. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

Except that Rome II follows Shogun II, arguably the best TW game.

:)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I admire your tenacity Command Tent but the Total War series made me it's bitch the first time I whipped Gaul-ass in the first RTW. I like to think of it less as an addiction and more of a disability.  :-\
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 15, 2013, 11:17:59 PM
I admire your tenacity Command Tent but the Total War series made me it's bitch the first time I whipped Gaul-ass in the first RTW. I like to think of it less as an addiction and more of a disability.  :-\

If that is the case, which I fear it might be, then shouldn't the government be giving me some sort of handout to help deal with or purchase said game.   ;D  ::)

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on June 15, 2013, 10:17:48 PM
Except that Rome II follows Shogun II, arguably the best TW game.

:)
Except that the first Rome -- which everyone here knows I hate with the heat of a supernova -- also followed the first Medieval, which I loved to death, and was (at the time) hailed as one of the best PC titles ever made.  So you'll understand if I'm a little worried about previous precedent.  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

TheCommandTent

Do I dare ask why you hate the first Rome TW that much?

FlickJax

Quote from: TheCommandTent on June 16, 2013, 11:55:26 AM
Do I dare ask why you hate the first Rome TW that much?

Ditto ...apart from flaming pigs and war dogs I played it to death and multiplayer was great.

Tamas

Apparently, its 35.71 euros at Gaming Dragons: http://www.gamingdragons.com/en/game/buy-total-war-rome-2-steam-key.html

I bought Mass Effect 3 and Anno 2070 from these guys. They sometimes sell stuff pretty cheap (steam codes, all). Not sure how they do it, but Steam doesn't appear to have any problem with them. One of the things is that they appear to be on manual mode when it comes to sending out codes, they warn you it might take a while 'til you get your code (IIRC I haven't had to wait more than 30 minutes). Not an issue with a pre-order I guess.

I don't think I'll be able to resist it at this price.