Any old school quake or unreal players around

Started by -budd-, March 18, 2017, 09:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Picked up Reflex Arena ... http://store.steampowered.com/app/328070/

Definitely reminds me of Unreal and Quake. Has workshop support with a bunch of maps and mods with the usual game types, TDM, CTF, FFA ect. Not much up to the shenanigans of public servers, like to frag some forums members i kinda, sorta think wont be jerks. I'm getting owned by the bots right now...sigh...reflex must be the first thing to go :'( never was anymore then slightly above average at this games played mostly CTF. Might be fun with a forum group, drop me a line if your old school maybe we can  :knuppel2:

Here's some info on the game

Reflex Arena is an old-school arena shooter that updates the dizzying speed and demanding precision of a classic arena FPS with the power of modern gaming technology. If you spent your youth gibbing your friends in Quake III Arena or Unreal Tournament, then Reflex Arena is what you've been missing.

Reflex Arena recreates the lightning-fast twitch gameplay of the golden age of first-person arena shooters. It's the best of both worlds: the speed and precision of a classic 1990s shooter, reborn inside a bleeding-edge 3D engine custom-built for the latest gaming hardware.
In the 21st century, first-person shooters abandoned the brutal purity of Quake III Arena and Unreal Tournament, but indie studio Turbo Pixel decided it was time for a comeback. There are no chest-high walls to take cover behind here, and no profound insights into the horrors of war—Reflex Arena is nothing but fast, competitive, first-person fun.

Just Check Out All these Features!
Old-school arena shooter recreated in a gleaming modern game engine, welding 1990s twitch gameplay with all the benefits of modern technology.
Smart matchmaking, support for group play, statistics tracking, championship ladders and everything else you need for competitive and social online multiplayer.
Personal servers and full LAN support so you and your friends can play the way you want to without lag slowing you down.
Classic gameplay modes including free-for-all and team deathmatch, capture the flag and tense one-on-one and two-on-two duels, plus mutators like big head, arena, and instagib.
Random item drops let you personalize your character with hundreds of cosmetic upgrades, or trade them with other players using Steam Inventory.
Build a custom map right inside the game, solo or multiplayer, then instantly test it in-game and upload it to the cloud for other players to check out.
Customize your UI to show you the information you need the most using simple-to-learn Lua scripts, then share your custom UI with other players.
Full Steam Workshop integration means you can easily browse and download community-created content.
In-game replay editor with a full suite of features allows players to relive their glories and disappointments and taunt their defeated opponents with highlight reels and frag films

New features coming soon!
Smart and adaptable AI-controlled bots to keep you on your toes when nobody else is around—use them to hone your skills before plunging into online multiplayer.
Competitive seasons will reward players for their skills in online matches by immortalizing them on a season leaderboard and awarding them points to spend in the store.
Competitive points earned in online multiplayer match-ups will be redeemable for cosmetic items for personalizing the look of your combatant: character skins, golden weapons, and more.

Turbo Pixel Studios is a small independent development team in Australia formed by industry veterans with decades of game development experience. Drawn together by a common love of the high-speed, high-performance, no-nonsense shooter experiences of their youth, the team came together around their debut project, Reflex Arena. This old-school competitive arena shooter is the epitome of everything the team loves: classic twitch gameplay enriched by two decades of advances in design and technology.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Slick Wilhelm

Looks good, budd!

I was big into Quake 2 in the late 90's, and then Unreal Tournament. Lots of good times with the multiplayer death matches and capture the flag.  \m/

jamus34

I liked unreal back in the day but typically I suck at arena based fps's. A good match for me is a K/D ratio of 1
Insert witty comment here.

Hofstadter

I love them, but if you're going to go Arena, I would recommend Toxikk
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

-budd-

i pretty well suck too, but its fun carnage. Asid got the game so hopefully a few more will be so inclined.I prefer TDM or CTF instead of FFA.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Destraex

Played quake2 campaign twice. Because their really were no proper military shooters.
Tried quake3 but by that time was really over the run n gun. Liked unreal tournament a fair but though. Again because nothing else was around.
Pretty much threw them all to the wayside for operation flashpoint, hidden and dangerous and even battlefield 1942.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Yskonyn

I was a big fan of Unreal Tournament. Especially the Insta-Gib mode was hilarious!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."