Main Menu

Site question

Started by steve58, March 15, 2016, 09:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Nothing major/important, just curious.  I normally stay logged in all the time, but just noticed a field with a symbol I'm not familiar with.  I also notice it does not show up if I'm logged in.  Is this a different way to login??  Thanks!

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

mirth

That's an Open ID login field. I think there's been recent updates to the forum software, I've noticed a few other minor changes in the past day or so.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: steve58 on March 15, 2016, 09:57:40 AM
Nothing major/important, just curious.  I normally stay logged in all the time, but just noticed a field with a symbol I'm not familiar with.  I also notice it does not show up if I'm logged in.  Is this a different way to login??  Thanks!

We allow OpenID logins now, since they've got a solid spam-prevention API that we can tie into.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on March 15, 2016, 10:44:52 AM
That's an Open ID login field. I think there's been recent updates to the forum software, I've noticed a few other minor changes in the past day or so.

yep, we've made a few :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

See, we pay attention :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

steve58

Thanks, learned at least one new thing today  O0
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

mirth

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.