Barthheart

Crossroads

Quote from: Barthheart on October 03, 2018, 01:22:59 PM
Quote from: Crossroads on October 03, 2018, 01:08:49 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on October 03, 2018, 09:17:32 AM
DO IT!  >:D

Well I already ordered the #2 Expansion pack...  :nerd:

O0

I have the 2nd Edition core game. I read from somewhere the rules are to their third version. Are v3 rules available somewhere as a download? A quick google revealed some old links that are not there anymore.

Ah, they were under the product page, though the core game itself was out of print.

https://www.mcssl.com/content/assets/42/426114/PDF/warfighterrules-v3.pdf
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Yskonyn

Awwwwww craaapppp! I  totally missed Warfighter Modern's Wave 3 going live on KS!
I had reserved cash to go all-in on this one, but for some reason I never received the notification! Bullocks!  :uglystupid2:

Meanwhile 1985: Under an Iron Sky has been delivered at a service point ready to be picked up!

Also I have been re-energizing my ASL endeavors.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Barthheart

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 04, 2018, 08:54:31 AM
Awwwwww craaapppp! I  totally missed Warfighter Modern's Wave 3 going live on KS!
I had reserved cash to go all-in on this one, but for some reason I never received the notification! Bullocks!  :uglystupid2:

Meanwhile 1985: Under an Iron Sky has been delivered at a service point ready to be picked up!

Also I have been re-energizing my ASL endeavors.

Maybe you can get in on the Backerkit to buy stuff... not sure how that works though...

Yskonyn

Yeah I have shot DVG an email asking if there's a way I can still become an early bird.

Warfighter Modern is such a nice game with a few friends and a jug of beer.
Anyone interested in playing some Warfighter co-op in Table Top Sim?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

ArizonaTank

On the virtual table...

At Any Cost: Metz 1870

My opponent is 3000 miles away. Played real-time with Skype and Vassal.

Like this game system. The use of event chips is just right. No uber chits that overpower the flow of the game, but that add the right level of unpredictability.

The French III Corps makes a final assault on Vionville. A scrappy group of Prussian guns and sharpshooters held them off from the town. The French eventually push them out, only to lose the town in a Prussian counter-attack. Earlier turns saw the Prussian X and French IV Corps chew each other up in the central part of the board.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

bob48

This has been on my radar for a while now. I already have 'Position Magnifique' formerly published as 'Duel of Eagle' from which this game is derived. Its an excellent system and a very interesting battle.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: bob48 on October 07, 2018, 11:20:17 AM
This has been on my radar for a while now. I already have 'Position Magnifique' formerly published as 'Duel of Eagle' from which this game is derived. Its an excellent system and a very interesting battle.

I have "Duel of Eagles" as well. "At Any Cost" is definitely worth getting if you enjoy Luttmann's "Blind Swords" system.
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/25079/blind-swords-system   

The only issue I have with the system itself is that is not the greatest for asynch PBEM type play. Some chits can be used during the other player's turn. But that is just the nature of the beast, and frankly, new releases that are perfect for asynch play are becoming more rare. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

bob48

^Thanks for that, I think that has pretty much decided it for me  O0
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Crossroads

Someone's been to BGG Marketplace again  :smitten:

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Barthheart

Couldn't wait for the new ones?  :D

Crossroads

Quote from: Barthheart on October 09, 2018, 12:58:35 PM
Couldn't wait for the new ones?  :D
Of course not  :nerd:

I've been on a lookout for the Untold Stories for quite some time, the few items made available been always priced out from what I was ready to pay. Not this one, was sold together with Paris is Burning even.

Cyrano

Super cool.

I was wondering if the prices on US would drop as the re-release approaches.

It's a big deal to make most of the scenarios in the Compendium work.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Crossroads

Quote from: Cyrano on October 09, 2018, 03:10:16 PM
Super cool.

I was wondering if the prices on US would drop as the re-release approaches.

It's a big deal to make most of the scenarios in the Compendium work.
Yes, some of the add-ons can be quite a mess to set up.

You are probably aware of this scenario guide already but here goes:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/52636/waw-scenario-guide

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806