"The Death Ride of Jean Lannes" -- Game Time Is...

Started by Cyrano, July 23, 2018, 08:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

Approaching 0430, 16th April, 1809

As I said in my e-mail to you all, I need morning orders from some of you.

Clock runs soon!
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JasonPratt

As I posted in the other game, just a minute ago (except with PD as the umpire):

Note that it can be quite important for OTHER PLAYERS, when you're dispatching them courier messages, to know when (in game time) you sent the message forth. Cyrano will tell you when you're receiving it, but unless the player has told you when he sent it then Cyrano might not (perhaps inadvertently) tell you that.

This accounting for the original time of dispatch became very important for players on both sides of the prior game, in different circumstances. For example, even though there wasn't much of a lag relatively, I had to try to piece together dispatches from East Wing, and the East side of Central Thrust (where I was), to try to infer whether a Prussian division (or two) had faked a road march and then gotten off the road once out of sight, perhaps to cross over to another road nearby while it was still near.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Cyrano

I do try to include SENT times in all missives for the very reason that his Chuck-osity states.

For the players, "wake up" messages will be out THIS EVENING.  I'll give you a couple days to adjust based on what you see or don't see and then run the clock.

This is seriously exciting...well, for me, anyway...

S!

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Barthheart

Advocator

It's absolutely lovely over here beyond the west side of the map.  Shame the Austrians will never get to see it...

JasonPratt

Unlike some people, the Austrians are perfectly happy to stay where we are, enjoying our lives and not ruining others.  O:-) :hug: :bd: <:-) :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

panzerde

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 25, 2018, 05:02:37 PM
Unlike some people, the Austrians are perfectly happy to stay where we are, enjoying our lives and not ruining others.  O:-) :hug: :bd: <:-) :smitten:
Wait, didn't you just invade Bavaria?  ;)
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Cyrano

"Wake up" orders are out.

The clock will run tomorrow evening.

AWAY WE GO!

JasonPratt

Quote from: panzerde on July 25, 2018, 08:27:57 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 25, 2018, 05:02:37 PM
Wait, didn't you just invade Bavaria?  ;)

Well, y'know, baby steps. Besides, it's Bavaria: invading each other is our foreplay!

...wow, that Doctor Who reference sounded a lot less skeevy in my head before I typed it, sorry.  :-[

Cyrano

panzerde

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 26, 2018, 02:22:50 PM
...wow, that Doctor Who reference sounded a lot less skeevy in my head before I typed it, sorry.  :-[

If that's the worst this thread gets before this game is done, we'll have upheld standards of decorum heretofore unknown at Grogheads!

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Cyrano

Cyrano

0830, 16th April, 1809!

Wait, what roguery is this??!!

Not a typo.

We ride!!

JasonPratt

Or nap, as the case may be, and wait for something to happen!  :D

Cyrano

1030, 16th April, 1809!

As much as I love the guy -- I've got a figurine of him on my desk at work -- it is NOT my fault you chose to leave Berthier in charge.

S!