Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

The new Kaga has displaces less than the old but is actually 2 feet longer.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

besilarius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVqGCNRzxTI&feature=share

Early war newsreel on the Royal Navy.  Some very good shots of dive bombing in the Med.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

QuoteTyphoon-class SSBN "Dmitriy Donskoy" crossing underneath the Storebælt bridge on the way to St. Petersburg

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

QuoteClass-leader USS Spruance (DD-963) positioned the floating drydock at the Ingalls shipyard, Pascagoula, Mississippi, while being prepared for builders' trials, ca. January 1975.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

QuoteIndefatigable-class battlecruiser HMS New Zealand at Lyttleton, New Zealand.

mirth

QuoteCrew manning the forward HACS Mk III director on HMS Revenge (06), 1940

mirth

QuoteU.S. Sixth Fleet ships at anchor in Augusta Bay, Sicily, 17 March 1965. The large carrier at right is USS Saratoga (CVA-60). Other ships include an Essex-class CVA, two CLG's, two DLG's, six DD's, two AO's and other auxiliaries/merchant ships.

mirth

QuoteRepublic of the Philippines Navy ship BRP Humabon (PF 11), steams in formation as part of exercise Balikatan 2010 (BK 10). She is the last Cannon DE is service. She is due to be retired in late 2017.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Windigo

By Poseidon's Beard! The next thing you know, they'll be cancelling the rum ration.  :arr:
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

mirth

Real sailors just piss over the side

bob48

After checking the direction of the wind.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

OJsDad

Quote from: mirth on July 24, 2017, 04:47:38 PM
Real sailors just piss over the side

And now they dont leave the seat up.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

Quote from: bob48 on July 24, 2017, 04:56:59 PM
After checking the direction of the wind.

The smart ones anyway.

besilarius

1200 pound steam plant.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.