Main Menu

New Rig Suggestions?

Started by skeptical.platypus, April 10, 2014, 11:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

I actually have no reason to replace my current Raedon 5700 series.  it runs everything I play pretty well.  in fact I expect the new mb/cpu combo to take a lot of the load off of it as the current dead pc was built around 7 years ago. it only lasted so long because it was built to be the end all be all of CAD computers.
every pc Ive built have had and AMD cpu, ASUS motherboard and a ATI card of some sort and Ive been very happy with the hardware.  the fact that ATI is owned by AMD gives me the fantasy that their hardware is made to work together at a level that Intel just cant get.  having said that I havnt had any experience with a GFX gpu.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

srSheepdog

Just saw this on Raleigh's craigslist.  Not sure where you are, but this is a fairly good deal.  I bet you could find something similar near you.  Add a GTX 760 and an OS and game on!  However, the PSU would limit you if you wanted to add a 2nd GPU.
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/sys/4429694100.html

And then I saw this and started drooling....I love my i7-3820 (completely unnecessary for gaming though, and the ad mis-lists it at 3.4GHz...it's 3.6GHz). 
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/sys/4412960859.html

skeptical.platypus

@ssSD, Craigslist in my area is turning out to be a great resource, too.

@GDS, I'm currently on an AMD A10 apu with an onboard HD7660 gpu, and a 1gig HD 6670 graphics card under the same theory. They work great together. I want more though, and at the moment it looks like intel and nvidia bring the most bang for my buck.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

eyebiter

GDS_Starfury

Holy shit Biter, I havnt seen your avatar since jr high!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.