Combat Mission status

Started by RyanE, May 27, 2018, 02:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 31, 2018, 01:16:52 PM
Quote from: mikeck on December 31, 2018, 11:24:14 AM
Is it only affecting WW2 titles? Wondering if anyone has experienced it with Black Sea?

I think it impacts everything running on the 4.0 engine, except for CMSF2. I'll check out CMBS.

CMBS is affected just as much. It's an issue introduced in the 4.0 upgrade.

CMSF2 is 4.0 as well, but features fixes for the issue discussed. A patch for the other games should follow shortly, but 'shortly' is a relative thing.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Pete Dero

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 31, 2018, 01:39:10 PM
A patch for the other games should follow shortly, but 'shortly' is a relative thing.

Any time this year is fine ...

jomni

Shock Force crashed on me. I just left the game unattended for a while. The program is gone when I came back.  >:(

Elvis

Quote from: jomni on January 01, 2019, 04:20:51 AM
Shock Force crashed on me. I just left the game unattended for a while. The program is gone when I came back.  >:(

That sounds like an anti-virus thing to me. Check your quarantine folder....I bet ya find it there.

MOS:96B2P

Any time this year is fine ...
[/quote]

I hope (and I think it is a reasonable hope) BFC starts to roll out the runaway fix in the next two or three weeks.   

MOS:96B2P

From a post at Battlefront:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/134345-2019-reporting-for-duty/

Happy 2019 everybody!  Time for the annual look ahead with a little look back as needed.  So let's start with the look back first and get it out of the way.

2018 was one of those years where a lot more happened behind the scenes than was visible to you all out in the public eye.  The two big ones that you all did see were the new website and the release of CMSF2 with (almost) all of its content.  As I've stated more times than I can count, CMSF2 turned out to be a LOT more work than we expected it to be.  It was our first time overhauling existing content at all, not to mention the equivalent of 4 releases at once.  It was definitely worth putting in the time and doing it right.

So what's next?

The first thing you guys are going to see is the patches for all non-CMSF2 games which incorporate a bunch of fixes.  Some are specific to a particular game Family, some are to the Game Engine itself.  The most important of which is an overhauled TacAI response to things that go boom.  The most obvious part of that is a change in behavior for soldiers in fortifications and other good positions of cover.

CMSF2 customers will see completely overhauled British, German, Dutch, and Canadian campaigns released as they are finished.  No specific timeframe set for these, but personally I want to see all of them done before the end of February.

As soon as the game patches are out we'll restart development on Fortress Italy's Rome To Victory Module.  This one is pretty much complete in terms of the game itself.  What isn't done is the scenarios and campaigns because we pulled everybody off them for an "all hands on deck" overhaul and testing of CMSF2 content once we realized the magnitude of that task.  Hey, nobody can fault us for aiming our sights low, right?  With our crack crew of scenario guys back on this game we expect to be done before the end of winter.

At the same time we're plowing ahead with the first module for Red Thunder.  It's pretty far along already, but we have a few more terrain and TO&E tweaks to do before the content can get pounded out.  If all goes well this one could also be out by the end of winter, but I'm guessing it might go into the Spring.  We will not hold up either this or the Rome To Victory Module for marketing reasons.  Meaning, if they are both done on the same day, we release them on the same day.

With this stuff done our publicly announced products will all be in your hands.  What will we do with the rest of 2019?  Not to worry, we have things queued up :) For more modest sized releases we hope to give you guys at least 2 or 3 Packs.  There's nothing specific nailed down for these, however we do have ideas and people interested on working on them.  So for now that's all I can say.  Talk about bigger stuff in the works will come to a forum near you in a few months.

That's all for now!

Thanks to all of you for another year of strong support and we look forward to keeping things rolling.  If it weren't for you we'd be flipping burgers and we know it :o

Steve

P.S.  CMSF2 v2.01 is being posted today, so there's that too!

jomni

Quote from: Elvis on January 01, 2019, 11:28:52 AM
Quote from: jomni on January 01, 2019, 04:20:51 AM

That sounds like an anti-virus thing to me. Check your quarantine folder....I bet ya find it there.

Perhaps I used the wrong words. "Program gone" means it just closed by itself. Not that the file itself was quarantined.

Grim.Reaper

Thanks for the heads up on the patch...it is available now so that was pretty good of them correcting things after release.  As far as the rest of the news, I'll wait and see what they actually end up delivering this year but hopefully it all turns out as planned:)

Grim.Reaper

Happened to be looking at the Battlefront forum last night looking for any news updates and stumbled across this thread discussing possible Credit Card fraud from making purchases at battlefront, especially around the new time of them switching web sites and release of CMFS2.  Quite a few people claiming to have had fraudulent transactions on their account after making purchases, inferring might be security issues with the new web site.  Steve has basically chalked it up to "coincidence" and doesn't believe Battlefront is to blame.

No idea, but when that many people report issues, at least warrants being cautious.....I bought a couple of things since the new site was put up, but I always use PayPal so not sure if that matters.  So far, no issues on my account.  Just something to be aware of.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/134447-fradulent-credit-card-transactions/

jomni

I didn't have problems on my end.

smittyohio

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 04, 2019, 06:35:21 PM
Happened to be looking at the Battlefront forum last night looking for any news updates and stumbled across this thread discussing possible Credit Card fraud from making purchases at battlefront, especially around the new time of them switching web sites and release of CMFS2.  Quite a few people claiming to have had fraudulent transactions on their account after making purchases, inferring might be security issues with the new web site.  Steve has basically chalked it up to "coincidence" and doesn't believe Battlefront is to blame.

No idea, but when that many people report issues, at least warrants being cautious.....I bought a couple of things since the new site was put up, but I always use PayPal so not sure if that matters.  So far, no issues on my account.  Just something to be aware of.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/134447-fradulent-credit-card-transactions/

Wow... reading that thread, I can't believe Battlefront could possibly be seriously chalking it up to coincidence...

Ubercat

Funny how they think that wargamers would rob them blind if they dump the draconian DRM but don't think that CC fraud is much of a threat.   ::)
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

ArizonaTank

It would cost them very little to take steps to reassure the customer base. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Grim.Reaper

it will be interesting to see how things turn out.......if that was my company and saw that many allegations, i would immediately be hiring outside independent security consultants to investigate versus just hoping its coincidence.  who knows, maybe he is in the background.  if and when i want to make another purchase, i'll certainly think twice.