Statesboro Friday Blues

Started by Tripoli, November 12, 2021, 12:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelmsm

The Saturday before I was sure I was having a heart attack.  Called the ambulance and everything.  Had a slew of tests run and of course it was the last one they ran that they figured out I was having a gall stone attack.  Only took 9.5 hours.  Any way I did find out my heart is in very good shape.  Little pain in the top incision and it sucks to cough or sneeze and the it's itchy where the hair is growing back on my belly but otherwise not too bad.  Stamina still sucks a bit but I'm sure that will come back as well.  Did manage to lose 10 lbs since the surgery so I'll take that as well. 

Gusington

^Related, I had an attack of pancreatitis out of nowhere back in February...so I can empathize with you. It took me a good 1-2 months to get almost totally back to normal, I lost a dangerous amount of weight...even now, occasionally, if I eat food that is very rich, etc., my stomach can get upset.

It was some of the worst pain I have ever felt. After being checked out by the ER and a few doctors after it happened, it was labeled as 'unknown' as to why I had this attack. I didn't fit any of the characteristics of patients who usually get it...heavy drinkers, morbidly obese, etc. The doctors said that pancreatitis can also strike out of nowhere and for unknown reasons half the time (!!!)

A couple of doctors mentioned that there could have been a blockage like a gall stone or something that got dissolved once my pancreas responded and brought me to my knees! Needless to say I could do without the pain for the rest of my life.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Wow. I will pass on the experiences. Thanks guys.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Sir Slash

As I've said here before, getting old is only for the Tough. And, enjoy every minute of good health you have right now. But, keep playing games by all means!  ;)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Just like your Mother told you to....She was right.  :hug:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

FlickJax

Well invested in gamerpass... so now too much choice.  Did play some Forza horzon 5, very pretty and tried Football Manager 2022 but god its hard work these days. But most of weekend was playing my Battletech campaign that i had yet to finish.

Gusington

How far in to that BT campaign are you?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Quote from: FlickJax on November 16, 2021, 05:50:22 AM
Well invested in gamerpass... so now too much choice.  Did play some Forza horzon 5, very pretty and tried Football Manager 2022 but god its hard work these days. But most of weekend was playing my Battletech campaign that i had yet to finish.

That's how I got into Solasta.  Plus there's Grim Dawn to come in December too.  I use Game Pass as a way to try it out, see if I like it. 
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

FlickJax

Quote from: Gusington on November 16, 2021, 07:06:18 AM
How far in to that BT campaign are you?

I kept doing mercenary missions rather than main missions but about to try and retake Tyrion. What can I say I just like these big mechs :)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd