CRAAAAAAAAP! (Geek Chic goes out of business)

Started by bayonetbrant, June 23, 2017, 12:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

QuoteGeek Chic

It is with great sadness that I must announce Geek Chic has ceased operation.  Despite heroic efforts by many, this outcome is out of our hands.  While I am certain there are many outstanding questions, we are currently limited in our ability to respond. I will update this page with appropriate contact information and procedures as they become available.

I am forever indebted to those who joined us on this adventure, and am absolutely gutted about it's end.

Robert Gifford

I guess I'll never get one of these for the Game Den

Ah well - I can always order something from Carolina Game Tables....
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Uhh....

Was someone at the company arrested for using carved human bone?  Wood from Madagascar?

Hostages being held?

QuoteWhile I am certain there are many outstanding questions, we are currently limited in our ability to respond.

bayonetbrant

probably lawsuits over failed deliveries
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

From doing a bit of reading around the Interwebs, in a matter of weeks they went from taking orders to closing their doors. Almost sounds like some expected outside investment just didn't end up happening.

bayonetbrant

I'm pretty sure Jodi and Clint are good over at Carolina Game Tables, so I'll end ordering from them.  Clint's family are 3rd-generation furniture makers and the company is carrying no debt

bbmike

^I looked at their tables at Origins. Very nice!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

Just build yer damn tables ya lazy bastages!  :uglystupid2:

bbmike

^I did but it didn't look like that.  :-[
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

Quote from: bbmike on June 23, 2017, 04:57:01 PM
^I looked at their tables at Origins. Very nice!  O0

Ditto and they are from my home town.

bayonetbrant

Bison

Wow. That it is just nuts.

OJsDad

Quote from: Bison on July 20, 2017, 03:10:24 PM
Wow. That it is just nuts.

From the article

QuoteTotal liabilities come to more than $7.5 million. Total assets, including unfinished furniture, tools, equipment and a stockpile of unsold board games from a recent merger with Crash Games, were listed at $1.4 million.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

I wondered why Tom Vasel got rid of his Geek Chic table and replaced it with another brand (can't recall it offhand).