International Tabletop Day 2017

Started by mirth, April 28, 2017, 05:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

It's tomorrow.

https://www.tabletopday.com/

I'll be playing Fields of Despair

https://www.facebook.com/PattenFreeGaming/
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Either Tiny Epic Galaxies or Tiny Epic Western with the wife. I also might run the Lock n Load Tactical demo that I have.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Silent Disapproval Robot

All the FLGSs here are doing something.  I'm going to skip it as places that normally accommodate 15 are letting in 50+.  That much pudgy nerd flesh rubbing up against itself?  Nothing good can result.

Bison

I'll be heading over to the FLGS for a day of gaming.  I'm bringing Clank! and hope to score the promo cards for it.  Well also be bringing Santorini and Trajan.

bbmike

Happy International Tabletop Day! Now, what board game do I want to buy myself as a present?  :dreamer:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Bison

Quote from: bbmike on April 29, 2017, 08:30:12 AM
Happy International Tabletop Day! Now, what board game do I want to buy myself as a present?  :dreamer:

I'm walking a thin line but I did purchase Santorini yesterday on a trip out of town.  Fun abstract game.  We will see what the FLGS has in stock, but I have a few on the list that I know they won't have so that's good for the wallet.

Moezilla

Gaming time is limited this weekend so I'll be likely playing some Lee at Gettysburg and taking 1754 for a couple of more spins for review. May try to talk my wife into a game of Sagrada and/or Santorini.

bbmike

I went a little crazy and bought three games (Deep Space D-6 Dice Game, Friday, GMT Game's Washington's War The American Revolution) and a few packs of Ultimate Guard Precise Fit Sleeves.  :D
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on April 29, 2017, 04:07:28 PM
I went a little crazy and bought three games (Deep Space D-6 Dice Game, Friday, GMT Game's Washington's War The American Revolution) and a few packs of Ultimate Guard Precise Fit Sleeves.  :D

Well done!

bayonetbrant

I'm trying to justify buying Munchkin Steampunk when I'm basically broke 'til the end of the summer
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 29, 2017, 06:11:11 PM
I'm trying to justify buying Munchkin Steampunk when I'm basically broke 'til the end of the summer

Time for a Lufthansa heist to feed the gaming addiction!   :arr:

Bison

4 X Santorini
2 X Clank!
1 X Dixit
1 X Viticulture
1 X MtG

Not too bad a day of boardgaming plus I scored the Clank! Promo card and a sweet Agricola button.

bayonetbrant

Sounds like a great day, Bison. 

The closest I got to a game store today was the discount games section at Five Below.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Silent Disapproval Robot

I went down to pick up some mark fit for decals as it was scheduled to come in yesterday.  Didn't realize there was an X-Wing tournament scheduled.  Place was packed!  (and no mark fit in stock....)

I didn't buy anything.  I'm still waiting on my copy of B-17 from the Kickstarter.  Still hasn't even arrived in the UK to be shipped back to Canada.  Never again....DVG can suck it!