Defenders of the Last Stand

Started by BanzaiCat, January 27, 2017, 01:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

This looks pretty awesome, and since I need more boardgames...

Nefaro

I wanted it for the theme, but already owned Defenders of the Realm.  Which is pretty much the same system.  Overruled myself.

BanzaiCat

I hadn't heard of either until I stumbled on this today. I'm prone to agree with Vasel on the games we both own, but I like the post-apocalypse feel of what this one's putting out. I reached out to the dev today juuuust in case they'd want to part with a review/AAR/video copy.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 27, 2017, 04:55:51 PM
I hadn't heard of either until I stumbled on this today. I'm prone to agree with Vasel on the games we both own, but I like the post-apocalypse feel of what this one's putting out. I reached out to the dev today juuuust in case they'd want to part with a review/AAR/video copy.

I hope you come up with it for review.

The older fantasy-themed one was damn expensive for what you get.  The enemy 'monsters' were just chess style little pawns in four different colors.  The art layout was 'B' quality at best.  This new one looks to be improved in those areas, though.

But it's a co-operative system that isn't too difficult, and can be played completely solitaire if you wish.  Although this newer one seems to have a bit more rules 'crunch' than the old one, so I'm not so sure about the difficulty.  That's why you need to review it!  :))