The Card game Bridge, could use miltary theme

Started by gameleaper, October 02, 2016, 12:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

The game bridge could have all the cards in a deck replaced with eg: ships for Ace,Plains for Kings, Tanks for queens, artilary for Jacks - then the rest could be made of weapons types OR soldiers etc.. the suits could be 2 sides allies and 2 sides axis,

I think this could be a really good wargame.

gameleaper

each winning trick could be a kill.

bidding could be 'German assault 1' instead of 1 spades.

or 'American assault 2' instead of '2 hearts'    etc...

gameleaper

each player in the game would have all 4 sides in there hand, just like spades clubs hearts and diamonds, you can think of your 2 sides being axis against the 2 allies, every trick you win could be thought of as an attack on the enemy or a defence from them, so if you are allies and you win an axis trick that would be a defence won.

Nefaro

The old AH card game Atlantic Storm, and it's Pacific themed successor, reportedly have some similarities to Bridge, and maybe some other trick-taking card games.  I don't play Bridge, so I wouldn't know.

I've owned Atlantic Storm since the late 90s, and played quite a few games of it back then in a beer & pretzels situation (heavy emphasis on the beer part).  Haven't pulled it out in many years, but I recall the cards were gaining noticeable wear. 

It seems to have had a decent reputation for the aforementioned Beer-Pretzel factor over the years. 

gameleaper

I am just going to look it up on geek now thanks Nef

Nefaro

Quote from: gameleaper on October 02, 2016, 05:43:06 PM
I am just going to look it up on geek now thanks Nef

Heh!  Sorry to be a wet blanket.  As you said, much of everything has already been done in some form.  But there is always room for improvement or something that does it a bit different.

Plus it's difficult finding anything on BGG unless you know the exact name.  Their search feature isn't very reliable.