Tiny Epic Kingdoms

Started by bayonetbrant, January 29, 2015, 06:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Lunchtime gaming

sent on-the-go with Tapatalk. please forgive typos and brevity.

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

I wish I had the opportunity for a sit down lunch every day.  Even better to be able to play a good game, too :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Its a wednesday thing for us. Several of us used to work together and have remained friends for years

The guy off-screen to top right was one of my soldiers in California 20 years ago.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Looks like a neat little game, too.  I dig the 12 siders.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

it's a fun little game.  You really do get to build a decent little kingdom in 30 minutes

pretty simple, too -
Ore gets collected from mountains and helps build your tower
Mana gets collected from forests and helps increase your magic level
Food gets collected from plains and lets you put more guys on the board

More guys = more you can collect, but you have to be able to move them around (map gets crowded fast)
But you can't just collect food b/c it's useless in a war
Mana counts double in your resources for a war, but if you use it there, you're not using it to up your magic level and unlock racial abilities
Ore counts for some war resources, but building your tower is *only* good for points, and not for any in-game ability

so there's a nice little balance there

bayonetbrant