Planes!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 03, 2013, 02:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Ha! Thanks for digging that up Bob!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

Its funny, innit? :-)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bob48

Seen today, all heading away from the airport;

Eurofighter Typhoon
Bristol Blenheim
Spitfire
MiG15
Vampire

And what may have been the OV-10 Bronco, but it was too far away to see clearly other than I could see a splash of orange. This is a German aircraft and is green and orange livery. It was also heading in a generally ESE direction so may have been flying back to Germany.

'Clip those corners'

mirth

Quote from: bob48 on July 30, 2018, 07:05:28 AM
And what may have been the OV-10 Bronco, but it was too far away to see clearly other than I could see a splash of orange. This is a German aircraft and is green and orange livery. It was also heading in a generally ESE direction so may have been flying back to Germany.

May well have been this one then:

North American Rockwell OV-10B Bronco of the Bronco Demo Team at the 2018 RIAT, England. This is an ex-Luftwaffe B-model originally used as an aerial gunnery target tug. The OV-10B was an OV-10A with no weapons, no sponsons, and a glass dome replacing the rear door, which was used by the tow operator.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

Yes, I think so. I have watched a lot youtube footage of the Bronco, and there are quite a few of that particular aircraft.

'Clip those corners'

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

QuoteTurkish Air Force F-4E Phantom II with Popeye Missiles

mirth

Barthheart

OJsDad

While fighter jock is showing off, tanker crew is eating hot steaks and potatoes and washing it down with a cold Mt Dew.

Quote from: mirth on July 30, 2018, 09:37:10 AM
https://twitter.com/TheAviationist/status/1023940101305458689
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Quote from: OJsDad on August 01, 2018, 07:08:48 PM
While fighter jock is showing off, tanker crew is eating hot steaks and potatoes and washing it down with a cold Mt Dew.

Quote from: mirth on July 30, 2018, 09:37:10 AM
https://twitter.com/TheAviationist/status/1023940101305458689

And, just as important, strolling around the cabin, scratching their asses, and peeing standing up.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Barthheart

Yikes!  :o Surprised it actually got in the air.....

mirth

mirth

QuoteF4 Phantom II with a full load out in the late 90s, location unknown