Halo: The master Chief Collection on Steam!

Started by Jarhead0331, March 13, 2019, 09:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I'm sure you'll find other, weirder things.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

...the game I ported my nieces into for my current video AAR series, is at least one and a half times older than they are.

...my nieces are now twice as old as their cousins were when I ported them as characters into my novel series. Upon their request. The oldest cousin wanted to marry a prince; the youngest cousin wanted to see someone's head explode. Accomplished one of two -- the head explosion -- but the series didn't sell well and failed. Now the younger cousin is getting married in a couple of months and the older cousin finished her medical doctorate last year.

:'(

(Thread topicality: averted!)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bardolph

I think I've watched the whole series, but not entirely sure. I binged it like crazy when it was on Netflix. They went a looong ways from their humble beginnings in that little box canyon ;)

Jarhead0331

Not for nothing, but one of the greatest live action game commercials ever made. When I first saw this aired on live tv, it literally stopped me in my tracks. Mesmerizing...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Necrothread for Cortana, ARISE!!

Microsoft will be releasing the Steam edition of the games (note games, plural) starting on December 3rd with Halo: Reach.

You can pre-order the whole set for $40, or preorder specific games for $40 each (!!!?!) except for Reach which will only be $10.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/?snr=1_7_15__13

(The steam page says release date still tbd, but I received a promo from Steam about the collection by email, from which I got the date.)

The games will be released on a currently unknown schedule, in story order, so after Reach there will be games 1, 2, 3, 3ODST, and 4 (which is slated for release sometime 2020.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

Is there a solid SP component to the Halo games or are they strictly MP?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Hello Kitty: The Master Chef collection!  >:D

Staggerwing

Which one is the original- HALO Combat Evolved?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on November 14, 2019, 06:37:41 PM

The single player campaign in each title of this series is a major part of the experience.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JasonPratt

Edited to add: opps, ninja'd by JH!  O0

Yes, they all have solid single-player campaigns, with long maps, 67 across 6 games. There is a seriously epic story involved.

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 14, 2019, 07:01:50 PM
Which one is the original- HALO Combat Evolved?

Yep. They're starting with Reach, which kind of makes sense, but Halo:CE will be next. I'll be curious to see how much they've upgraded things for modern PCs, but based on the screenshots on the Steam page I'll guess they aren't recreating the older games in newer engines.

CJReich46

Quote from: Rayfer on March 13, 2019, 01:24:12 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 13, 2019, 12:37:28 PM
I am likely the only person who never played a halo game so no idea what I have been missing:)  Anything specific about these that set it apart from other games?

No, you're not...I've never played a Halo game either.   :'(  :-\

Ditto. I didn't have a console or a good enough computer during that time  :-\   
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

glen55

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 14, 2019, 07:17:26 PM

The single player campaign in each title of this series is a major part of the experience.

Can you play the campaign in co op? Online or split screen?
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower