Main Menu

Recent posts

Current Events / Re: Russia's War Against Ukrai...
Last post by Con - Yesterday at 10:01:35 PM
Current Events / Re: Russia's War Against Ukrai...
Last post by Gusington - Yesterday at 09:50:37 PM
More on French potential involvement in Ukraine.

Music, TV, Movies / Re: Amazon has a few digital m...
Last post by Gusington - Yesterday at 09:18:27 PM
^Always.
Last post by GDS_Starfury - Yesterday at 09:09:13 PM
you fit my mood  :cool:
Last post by Gusington - Yesterday at 07:59:43 PM
^It fits my mood.
Computer Gaming / Re: Sea Legends by Naval Actio...
Last post by Gusington - Yesterday at 07:58:05 PM
Trailer didn't really show much but I am a Game Labs fanboi. I hope there are coastal fortifications players can bombard and duel with. The mention of 'pure single player' warms the cold ashes of my gaming heart.
Computer Gaming / Re: Armored Brigade II Announc...
Last post by Skoop - Yesterday at 07:51:38 PM
Combat mission is only PVP.  I'd love to see them add coop.  You could finally pull off the multi battalion scenario by delegating different taskforces to your buddies.   
Last post by Sigwolf - Yesterday at 07:48:04 PM
It did seem odd that the deal expired so quickly...  in the 'good old days' retailers would usually honor the orders of those that got them in before a pricing error was caught, Oh, well.

side note... I haven't seen it brought up elsewhere, but does no one else find Gus' profile pic change disturbing?  It just doesn't seem right.  Several days later I am still doing double-takes wondering who the heck posted that message.   :ROFL:
Computer Gaming / Re: DCS Discussion
Last post by Skoop - Yesterday at 07:41:15 PM
Spent the past couple months putting my study level 737 and A320 through the paces in MSFS2020.  I can't say how awesome it is to have a world map that's decently modeled right out of the box.  This whole DCS map thing is going to have to be redone.  They really should offer a global map that's moderately detailed, and let people buy upgraded areas if they choose to.  Half the time servers don't even run these maps cause people just don't buy them.   
Computer Gaming / Re: Armored Brigade II Announc...
Last post by Sigwolf - Yesterday at 07:38:29 PM
Quote from: Destraex on Yesterday at 04:51:06 PMA real shame as even if players do not play multiplayer a lot practise single player knowing that one day the opportunity to playnwith friends or against them is an option. That is usually my philosophy when buying games. I want to know their is something more at the end of the single player experience with it's often limited AI.

You have a lot of competition in this area of which most have multiplayer:
Warno
Combat mission
Broken arrow

Plus a tonne of operational level games that often have multi

I will stick to warno but know that I would probably like your game better if it had multiplayer coop.

There is also a large contingent of people that like this type of game and don't have any desire to have a multiplayer component.  Moreover, they lament the amount of developer time that has recently been devoted to multiplayer at the expense of the single player experience.

There are a lot of multiplayer wargames, but there is still a market for single player wargames.  It is a rare specimen, and often requires a large budget, to pull off both with one title.