Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

Started by Grim.Reaper, April 13, 2019, 05:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on June 08, 2019, 03:36:17 PM
Is that...Forest Whitaker??

It's the character he plays in the films/Rebels, yes.  Doesn't seem to be his voice.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

acctingman

Jarhead0331

I think the saber play and force powers have great potential...if they don't screw it up. Jedi Academy is still easily the best lightsaber action ever made. Would love to see this incorporate and improve on some of those mechanics.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Very intriguing that recommended specs is 32gb, big gap from required.  I have that much myself, but could scare some folks.

Minimum PC requirements:
CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 / AMD FX-6100
RAM: 8GB
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 / AMD Radeon HD 7750
DirectX: 11
Storage: 55GB

Recommended PC requirements:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / AMD Ryzen 7 1700
RAM: 32GB
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX Vega 56
DirectX: 11
Storage: 55GB

Gusington

Do you guys think this will be more of an RPG or a shooter? I really can't tell.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Surprising recommendations, especially the 32gb. 

I'm glad I just ordered the parts for a new rig and went that far on the RAM if games are starting to push in that direction. 

Still not sold on buying this one for PC though.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

Doesn't matter what it turns out to be, definitely will be playing anything star wars....although it helps that I subscribe to Origin's subscription package so no additional cost for me:)

The subscription has turned out great...for about $100 I get access to their entire vault and have already played two games that I would normally buy each year that would have cost me $120 just for those two games alone!

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 08, 2019, 06:17:28 PM
Doesn't matter what it turns out to be, definitely will be playing anything star wars....although it helps that I subscribe to Origin's subscription package so no additional cost for me:)

The subscription has turned out great...for about $100 I get access to their entire vault and have already played two games that I would normally buy each year that would have cost me $120 just for those two games alone!
So you're saying Leather Jedi of the Long Lobes: Uncut would be a day one purchase for you, based on the title alone?  Just looking to clarify here...

;)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Tpek

With E.A returning to Steam, Jedi The Fallen Order is now there as well.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1172380/STAR_WARS_Jedi_Fallen_Order/

The problem is the insane pricing scheme.
Americans can purchase the game via Steam for $60, while us Israelis will have to shell out ~$100 (sadly, not a joke):
https://steamdb.info/app/1172380/

This entire regional pricing crap is really getting out of hand.
I'm tired of having to pay so much more than others do (the fallen order has a 55.6% mark up for us!?). Companies like Valve charge us sometimes 20% or more over the base price so they could sell the game for peanuts (if not give it entirely for free) to residents of other nations.

How is this even legal?
I remember a court ruling in the U.S stating that online transactions are counted as being made in the location of the server,
so this is effectively Valve charging people differently based on their ethnicity, color of skin, nationality and such.

EDIT: Fortunately, I can buy this directly from Origin for 60 Euro (still more than the base price, but at least it's not 100 friggin bucks).

Gusington

I am very interested in this but 60.00 is twice my max price for almost any game these days.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on October 30, 2019, 12:08:06 PM
I am very interested in this but 60.00 is twice my max price for almost any game these days.

Yeah (looks at recent purchase of IL2's "Tank Crew," in a kinda shamefaced way)... ::)

WYBaugh

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on October 30, 2019, 01:26:07 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 30, 2019, 12:08:06 PM

Yeah (looks at recent purchase of IL2's "Tank Crew," in a kinda shamefaced way)... ::)

How is it?